What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (26 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are pretty sweet and was what i was gonna go with before these popped up haha! Just gotta fab up some mounts

Pulled apart a new (to me) gear reduction starter I got to replace the old one off my '72, which had the solenoid poop out not too long ago. It needed some cleaning and some fresh grease on the bearing points. Also scrubbed down the exterior to shiny it up. (These are before pics; my hands were covered in too much filth to snap any photos after cleaning)
20170216_185312.jpg
20170216_185305.jpg

@Skydog cool pics as always!!!!
Thanks for the compliment !! ... Did a photo shoot of a young lady Crew Chief this week, this past Monday. She wished it with her Jeep Wrangler, which she purchased new this past June. A number of becoming images of her with her new, beloved Jeep, and her favorite helicopter that she crew chiefs on - each image uniquely different from the others. I'm believing she'll be pleased.

msp_MarcStPierre-Copyright2017_TAS_17-02103xsm.jpg

~Marc

Last edited:
@Skydog, Images. I only see one... ;)
LOL !!... well, it was NOT along the same lines of one of my boudoir photo shoots... :)

Three more, as merely an example of what we did between herself, her new Jeep, and her beloved UH-1 Huey (NOTE : the colorful trailer-wrap, on the blurred-out trailers, seen in the second image, are also of my work. Both of the two trailers, parked back-to-back, happened to have been there on that same ramp that same day) :

msp_MarcStPierre-Copyright2017_TAS_17-02102xsm.jpg

msp_MarcStPierre-Copyright2017_TAS_17-02106xsm.jpg

msp_MarcStPierre-Copyright2017_TAS_17-02105xsm.jpg
~Skydog

Two things; I found out I qualify for "Antique Auto" tags which reduce my tax value on the 1970 FJ40 down to $500 thus saving me money for taxes. More money in my pocket and less for the govt to throw away. Maybe people will read the tag and no get so impatient with me for not traveling as fast as they usually do.
DSCN0253.JPG

Don't remember where I first saw these but I ordered a pair from BH3D.com and they arrived today. They attach to the body with tape and the tape has been let into the back of the medallion just enough so it looks like the medallions are sitting flush with the body. They appear to be very well made although one has some paint scratches that unless viewed from up close and personal just aren't enough to be seen or bothered with. They are now installed on the fresh air kick vents.

DSCN0257.JPG

Updated my stickers to explain to other road users why I'm blowing past them :D also put some bling on...
20170217_174824.jpg

20170217_173856.jpg

20170217_173823.jpg

@Vossie Is that your home in the second photo? Makes my 6 room mansion look inadequate.

@Vossie Is that your home in the second photo? Makes my 6 room mansion look inadequate.
my parents home. me and the wife have been staying with them for the past year after i lost my job and car due to the local economy. anyways, have a good job now and we about to move into our own place again

Installed some cool new parts and drove it on a beautiful day
20170216_204709.jpg
20170217_131406.jpg
IMG_20170217_122454_700.jpg

These are the things I remember, put rocker supports in after I tacked in some square tubing
DSCN0596.JPG
Just to make sure it didn't move, wow that pic is bad... patched some more holes, wire wheeled some, and beat out a few dents
DSCN0598.JPG
here's a before shot
DSCN0464.JPG
this is from yesterday,
DSCN0599.JPG
I hope to get the 2 captured nuts for the tools, the d/s seat pedestal nut plate, and the body mounts made for the main beam today

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom