Middle Eastern Fog Lamps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone familiar with this style of amber fog lamps? They seem very common in the photos I've seen of Middle Eastern FJ60's. Wondering if there is a different hole pattern on those bumpers.

It would probably involve a headlight washer delete, but I really like the look.

IMG_0739.jpg

SOR sells a replica of the FJ-40 factory fog lamp. Looks very similar.

I like them, they look cool. You can find round amber fog lights on ebay and amazon, not expensive. I think you could mount them w/out removing the headlight washers, there's more room there than you realize. Depends on the size of the amber lights obviously.

You can find round amber fog lights on ebay and amazon, not expensive

Please post a link... I cannot find any good ones at a reasonable price.

Thanks Doug - I feel like an idiot...
Dude, this is a joint venture...our collective idiocy is our strength. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

About 10 years back I ordered some of the amber Hella 500's for my 60, after a couple of years the amber tint/paint was peeling off the inside of the lens and ended up with clear lens Hella 500's. I don't remember mine being Hella "Comet" so the quality is probably better now days

Middle Eastern FJ62 and past FJ60 owner here,

Yes, those were an option fitted to our middle eastern cruisers as the yellow fog lights cut through dust and well....fog - much better than the stock headlights, even the FJ40's had them.. They are available to the middle eastern market. The FJ62 lights were actually part of the grill and people loved them or hated them. I think it looked cool and era correct.

@Thebedouin60 interesting! How were they mounted on the FJ60? Separate holes drilled in the factory bumper?

The US-spec bumper has fog lamp holes closer to the middle, not near the ends.

@Thebedouin60 interesting! How were they mounted on the FJ60? Separate holes drilled in the factory bumper?

The US-spec bumper has fog lamp holes closer to the middle, not near the ends.

Yes, there are separate holes that were factory drilled into the bumpers. They are located almost by the end caps.

problem with any newer(than the late 1980's) is the chemical used to make true amber/yellow glass was outlawed, so anymore its just like a spray paint or something else used in the glass. Often it will fade or chip.

the best true amber/yellow lights are made by Cibie or a few others, but only used or NOS are available

for a bit I had the fj40 OEM fogs on the wifes 62, now I am using some yellow Kioto's I got from MOT years ago
95284638.jpg

can't say they look right on a 60, they do look great on a 40-45

have 3 other sets of fj40 fog lights on the 45's

I use Cibie Oscar plus fogs(or amber drivers, were a Canadian thing) on my 60 and 40

if you like the rectangualr look, than there are a good amount of Cibie 175's(the widest fog beam I have ever used) for sale for well under $200, can find them NOS . I run these on my 100.

About 10 years back I ordered some of the amber Hella 500's for my 60, after a couple of years the amber tint/paint was peeling off the inside of the lens and ended up with clear lens Hella 500's. I don't remember mine being Hella "Comet" so the quality is probably better now days

@Landpimp super helpful, thanks! Great photos.

I've always felt like round headlights = round fog lamps, so that's the direction I'll be going. Just looks "right" to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom