RubyThaw 2017 Feb 17-20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arnott1t

SILVER Star
Threads
Its that time of year again! This year Ruby Thaw is in the planning phases and is coming quick so start getting your rigs ready.

When: Feb 17-20th 2017

Where: Nordegg Lodge (same place as last year)

What: Another Ruby Thaw. Day on ruby lake trail and a day on that other trail + some other exploring.

Who: Another OCC event this time with more chooch from the RMLCA

Why: A great time and fundraising for trail harndening projects in the Alberta trail systems. Rig mat purchase as an example for trail out in the Ghost region trail north west of Calgary.

So story would be the same as last year.

Friday Feb 17th:

· Travel to nordegg

· Check into hotel

Saturday Feb 18th:

· Breakfast at restaurant. An early one so we can hit ruby trail head earlier

· Drive to ruby lake trail.

· Aim for Ruby Falls for lunch

· Drive back to lodge

· Dinner in restaurant at lodge

Sunday Feb 19th:

· Breakfast at Restaurant

· Drive to that other trail

· Do that other trail Eric led us on...

· Find some other cool spots…

· Back to lodge

· Restaurant for supper and raffle

Monday Feb 20th:

· Drive home… on your own for breakfast

You need to bring:
winter gear
a great attitude
Trail snacks
your own social post trail beverages
a vehicle with solid tow points
a tow strap

Cost per person/bed will be 200 for the weekend and includes:
3 luxurious nights accommodation....(standards may vary)
All your food for Saturday and Sunday including trail side lunches.
A super wicked awesome swag bag

Please send expression of interest in the event and or registration requests to tylerarnott@hotmail.com. We'll need to collect fee's by February 10th in order to secure food and accommodations.

Youtube: AvE, A Canadian inventor/tool reviewer. Watch his vajaiho's and you'll learn all sorts of new vocabulary. Seriously good time waster....

I'm in.

I will add it to my ever growing list of time wasters. :)

I'm waffling....... my money vs time vs work ratio is all out of whack.

Need money, which takes time and work. Haven't got the time, which takes money and work. Work is what I do have, which takes time. Time is the issue, which is related to money.

Well it is a fairly close event and is subsidized pretty heavily. You walk out with a swag bag for sure and the prizes are pretty solid. But I hear ya on the time front.

For sure the "want" is there it's just three days off work that I could use to make product and fund this summer's goings on. You gave a deadline of the 10th so I will decide in the next coupla days.

Can you just show up for Sunday? Do the trail, do the supper/raffle and bug out after that.
Makes for a long day, but it's only the one day.

Screw it, I'm going.

Can you just show up for Sunday? Do the trail, do the supper/raffle and bug out after that.
Makes for a long day, but it's only the one day.
That could maybe work. Let me chat with some other organizers about it some more.

Screw it, I'm going.
I chatted with a few others and folks are welcome to join for the day but won't be able to participate in the raffle. The event entry also covers seed money for purchased raffle prizes and it wouldn't seem fair to let someone in on that without contributing.

Raffle prizes and swag bags are shaping up great and we can like add a few more people and trucks until Monday.

Shaker is ready for Rubythaw!

IMG_0228.JPG

The last time I was on a trail with Shaker, ready would have been defined by packing 6 cans of ether!:worms::beer::rofl:

I believe there is even some film available...

The last time I was on a trail with Shaker, ready would have been defined by packing 6 cans of ether.

See them green circles on the tires.... fresh beadlocks. Bring it on!

Shaker looks awesome!!

I can't remember...is there a heater??

I can't remember...is there a heater??

Yes, heater, and it works. It was already making noticeably warm air coming from it just driving around my property.

And there is not a single seal anywhere on any of the doors or hardtop, and gaping holes through the floor, so there is also lots of places for warm outside air to get in to supplement the heater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom