ARB Drawer Owners...... I Have Some Questions for You. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The TrekBoxx is a very nice system. I'm happy with the upgrade. it wasn't 6k. There are several configurations for TrekBoxx - the Bravo System I believe is flat on top so you could sleep on it. You can also get TB single drawers as well etc etc.

I'll let you guys work out the semantics of bare bones. Just because you guys spent money on them doesn't make them any less simple. It's two -3/4 extension drawers with an optional top slide and some trim. You can stack drawers and they are modular but they are simple. Somehow I'm getting the impression you think bare bones is derogatory or bad.

I think home made plywood sheets nailed together or someone using their old kitchen cabinets after a remodel for storage would be bare bones. I usually qualify bare bones as low quality or low cost, so I don't think ARB fits into either of those categories. Maybe you didn't spend $6k on your drawers, but according to your signature you have the Alpha system which costs $4,695 and a Zulu 1 drawer which costs $1,095 on the Trekboxx website. That doesn't include your tailgate protection system from them which I'm sure (for retail) brings the cost of your system to over $6k which doesn't include tax, shipping or install.

Somehow I'm getting the impression you think bare bones is derogatory or bad.

When you say you'll wait while I go check and likely find broken stuff, dude...you make it clear it's derogatory.

It's ok to knock stuff. I call a spade a spade. But when you try to pretend u ain't knocking?... Meh... it gets tiresome.

Cya

Last edited:
I think home made plywood sheets nailed together or someone using their old kitchen cabinets after a remodel for storage would be bare bones. I usually qualify bare bones as low quality or low cost, so I don't think ARB fits into either of those categories. Maybe you didn't spend $6k on your drawers, but according to your signature you have the Alpha system which costs $4,695 and a Zulu 1 drawer which costs $1,095 on the Trekboxx website. That doesn't include your tailgate protection system from them which I'm sure (for retail) brings the cost of your system to over $6k which doesn't include tax, shipping or install.

I used a discount code.

I get you have these drawers and like them - I did too. I'll accept your definition of bare bones... we can refer to the ARB's a limited options moving forward.

When you say you'll wait while I go check and likely find broken stuff, dude...you make it clear it's derogatory.

It's ok to knock stuff. I call a spade a spade. But when you try to pretend u ain't knocking?... Meh... it gets tiresome.

Cya

Geez you are really serious about these ARB drawers. Sorry if I peed in your Cheerios.

Geez you are really serious about these ARB drawers. Sorry if I peed in your Cheerios.

Nah... I hate Cheerios. You were just being kind of an ass about it... :moon:

Last edited:
I never did follow up. I did get the install done. I did need to deal with the overhand from the rear seat AC that @indycole referred to. The silliest stuff was figuring out the instructions for the stops. I think I put them on twice the wrong way before getting it figured out. I also had to move one of the "hat" pieces as the distance between the two was about a half inch too short when it came out of the box. I left all of the carpeting in which made it a bit difficult to work around but it is all good now. In fact, I love it! After a couple tries at boxes to organize the inside and a few days of roadtrip I now have gear arranged the way I want it and it makes me smile every time I am able to just slide it open and get what I need. Great mod. Glad I went with one side - at least for now. Haven't tried putting the right side 3rd row seat back in. That's for the next trip but I don't foresee a problem. I'll have less cargo space but I'll also have my roof rack on by then and most of the recovery gear (lighter weight stuff) will go up on top.

I have a question, ARB send me the drawer holds thingie as one of my drawer do not stay open fully, i cannot find were they go and how to install them. The guys who installed the drawers did not keep the instructions.
Any tips?

I have a question, ARB send me the drawer holds thingie as one of my drawer do not stay open fully, i cannot find were they go and how to install them. The guys who installed the drawers did not keep the instructions.
Any tips?

If you don't have the roll-top floor on your drawers, you'll need to remove the floor panel above the drawer. When you do that, you should be able to see the stops. Would be very difficult to describe without extensive photos, but if you get under there and look, I think it will make sense how they go. You can also check out the other drawer to see how it sits when the stop is intact.

Mark nailed it. Either open the RDRF or remove the top (using allen drive) of the RD. From there you'll see two 10mm head bolts per side, they are located on the rear of the drawer, towards the top on the inside of the drawer itself. You'll remove those, recover the broken stop and replace with a new stop.

Awesome, thanks guys.
I don’t have the roller so I’ll remove the top route.

Wait.... hold on.... broken drawer stops on the ARB Outback drawers? No Way. /s

Sorry @Island1064 the above sarcasm was directed at others :) Kurt has you right on that. Its pretty obvious when you get in there.

:rolleyes:

My last 200 that had ARB drawers is gone, and I have a different 200 now. I see the fancy set of $$$$$ drawers is available now publicly, and guess what I'm looking at? The ARB drawers ;) I know your affinity for the fancy ones is strong, but there's no need to keep hating on the ARBs. Are you getting a kickback from the other manufacturer for each disparaging remark on competing products?

I am getting a kickback but not to hate on anything specific :)

The ARB drawers are fine - the drawer stops are weak and are a maintenance issue plain and simple. There are superior quality choices available. I can keep hating on them.

Speaking of the other manufacturer with the fancy drawers.... I see he supports this forum by innovating products, taking feedback from potential and existing customers and generally solving problems for us. I'm not sure I've seen ARB in here asking about what would make your life easier.

Wait.... hold on.... broken drawer stops on the ARB Outback drawers? No Way. /s

Sorry @Island1064 the above sarcasm was directed at others...

@RobRed:

Just as helpful as ever.

If that other vendor was wise, he would personally request that you stop being a sarcastic twit on here...as it makes some here less inclined to go his/your route...not more.

Attitude counts, and yours consistently sucks, man.

There. I said what I'm usually too nice to say. Sorry mom!!!

Last edited:
Man I had no idea you guys would get baited so quick on this I should have made a bet. I guess Banter is dead. It's actually stunning to see how serious you guys are on this stuff.

At the end of the day I'm a customer for these products same as you folks. When I buy something, no matter the investment level, I will call it like I see it. Even if my buying choice makes me look bad. I appreciate the opinions of others and If i feel strongly I will disagree.

You will have your revenge one day... I'll need something then you can all gang up on me.

@RobRed:

Just as helpful as ever.

If that other vendor was wise, he would personally request that you stop being a sarcastic twit on here...as it makes some here less inclined to go his/your route...not more.

Attitude counts, and yours consistently sucks, man.

There. I said what I'm usually too nice to say. Sorry mom!!!

Awe you still like me... That wasn't too harsh. Mom would be proud. I'm not repping any particular vendor and I might say nice things about Landshark (KISS) if you're not careful. In fact like the other unnamed vendor, Landshark have gone to similar lengths inviting feedback and getting product out that meets a need. Both of the vendors are born right her on MUD.

My attitude is actually quite positive. I'd say out of the two thousand odd posts on MUD there must be 3 or 4 where I've managed to help people.

IMO, it's worth checking out the Drifta drawers as they can be imported via Kakadu Camping if you are considering ARB Drawers, @mcgaskins. They have some interesting options and folks seem to like them. They're in the same ballpark money-wise as the ARB drawers... a good point of comparison.

Cole I like where you heads at on this one. Luke definitely has some interesting solutions and it sounds like from your research they can be imported cost effectively. If I were targeting on the ARB price point I would give his stuff a long look. Kinda sits in the middle between LS Kiss and TrekBoxX.

On principle alone I wouldn't purchase the "superior" option.

Principle? On the principle that a forum member says ARB drawer stops are s***e or my attitude is bad? You'd let someone you don't know or care about his opinion sway a decision in your life? You're BSing me Now. That's literally confusing.

Landshark have gone to similar lengths inviting feedback and getting product out that meets a need. Both of the vendors are born right her on MUD.

Principle? On the principle that a forum member says ARB drawer stops are s***e or my attitude is bad? You'd let someone you don't know or care about his opinion sway a decision in your life? You're BSing me Now. That's literally confusing.

Comparing Dave (Landshark) to TrekBoxx is absurd. One I have respect for as a vendor and has earned my (return) business.

You're quite defensive and narcissistic to think that my principles for not buying some wood coated in bed-liner relies solely on you. That being said, you're quite the ambassador for these "superior" drawer options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom