2017 ONSC Meet and Greet - March 10-12 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
Hello everyone!!! The Meet and Greet is upon us!!

ONSC's Meet and Greet is March 10-12 this year!! We are going to have a Uwharrie workday on Saturday the 11th and get a barn workday in on Friday. I'm going to work with Kenny to see if we can get up their Thursday night to be ready to work all day Friday cutting wood.

Previous threads:
Meet and Greet Mar. 20-22 2015
Meet and Greet Mar. 11-13 2016

Food menu is a PIG!!!

Post up if you can make it out!!

:clap::clap:Once again, we are going to host a RAFFLE. We are raffling off a GOPRO HERO 5 BLACK!!! Runner-up will be a Trasharoo:clap::clap:

Here are the rules:

- 5 tickets per person max
- $5 per ticket - cash only, please
- Tickets sold only at the event (Friday and Saturday)
- Need not be present at the drawing to win but it's up to the winner to arrange shipping (MUDship or otherwise)
- Drawing held Saturday evening
- You must be a current ONSC member in good standing by the time of the drawing to claim the prize. We will be checking. Yes, that means you don't have to be a member to buy tickets but you can't win unless you are a member - you'd just be giving us money.

How awesome is that? Please make sure you are current on our membership rolls. I'm attaching the link to do that and the link to purchase/renew your membership. Don't forget that you students have the option of a student membership.

ONSC Current Members - Google Sheets - check your membership status here. FYI - Lots of you expire in March.

ONSC Membership - purchase or renew your membership here.

Saturday Morning URE Workday - Meet @ 9:00am on Saturday @ Dutch John Parking lot!!!

- Bring your hedge trimmers, loppers and trash bags!!
- Lunch will be provided by ONSC courtesy of @JohnVee

Saturday Afternoon Hi-Lift Jack Class @ 3:30pm @ the barn!

This year we're going to have a Hi-Lift Jack class on Saturday at roughly 3:30pm (or whenever people are back from the URE workday)!!! A Hi-Lift (or farm jack) is a valuable and versatile piece of recovery equipment that most of us have in or on our vehicles. Even if you don't have one you will eventually cross paths with one being used. This class will teach you how to SAFELY operate this useful but dangerous tool. Izzy (@Izzyandsue) will be our instructor. There is no sign up necessary for this class - just be at the barn at 3:30pm ready to learn.

Location of the barn:

The barn is near Troy and Albemarle just east of Lake Tillery
There is no physical address to give for GPS but the directions are very simple and we have yet to get someone lost :)

Google maps location:
Google Maps

Directions to the Monks barn are as follows.

Hwy 49:
From Hwy 49 turn south on Hwy 109
Keep going south past the outpost and Uwharrie Trailhead
Turn right onto river road.
Keep going south on river road for about 5 miles and there will be a ONSC sign with flags pointing towards the driveway to the barn.

Hwy 24/27
From Hwy 24/27 turn north on River Road
Continue for 1.8 miles untill you see the ONSC sign and flags pointing to the driveway of the barn.

Food menu is PIG for Saturday night w/ potluck!!

@lumbee1 Meatballs
@David1947 Baked Beans
@hanniemarie2 Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies and Two Pans of Mac & Cheese
@blue98stang Birthday cake
@jamesurq Cheese dip and chips
@NCFJ salad
@Green Hell Mustang Desert TBA and Salad
ONSC is providing Sunday AM breakfast

No Drinks will be provided. The Barn has good well water.

Last edited:
Hoping I'll be able to swing at least 1 night. With the move it'll be tough, but the boys are still in my ass about failing to reach the Christmas Party.

Also this has been posted to our Facebook page please like and share through their :)

See line 5 :) could not help myself

il_570xN.1107719359_rqym.jpg

Going to be there with Laurel and Abbie. Trying to get them there the whole time this time, we'll see.

When the food sign-ups go live, you can count us in for bringing a dessert and some veggies.

I can't remember if we had stuff to cover the food last year or not. I remember there being a lot of food open to the air for a long time. If that was the case, I can bring some plastic covers or containers to put food in.

I did not read the entire OP, I was kinda messin with John V.
I do love the new mug :) I make my fair share of grammatical errors

Directions to the Monks bar are as follows

Monks bar will be open and ready. :)

You know we're in. Will be there Friday.

@GLTHFJ60 @alk747triodad

How's the firewood status? Do we need to cut some as well?

We are good on firewood but....I will never turn down firewood help. Splitter is still in back barn and I want to cut me a small load for my back yard pit. If it rains, the Monks bar is always open. :beer:

Already put in for day off , will be there Friday.

My one school conflict, MBA Residency, is that weekend Thursday-Saturday. So the earliest I could be there is 7pm on Saturday, so the Keefer's are probably out...

I'm in. Can't wait.

We are there as long as baseball gods approve. Coaching two teams this spring and have yet to receive the schedules. Fingers crossed.

Raffle prize will be a GoPro Hero 5 BLACK!! Runner-up prize will be a Trasharoo!

Main course will be a PIG!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom