29th Annual Rubithon 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Registered.

so... I will not be the one to bring up the next topic of discussion with regards to this year's event. :) Been there, wrecked that.

Registered.

so... I will not be the one to bring up the next topic of discussion with regards to this year's event. :) Been there, wrecked that.

I'm sweating it already. It's still early, but looking into options. We need it though!

A great Sierra snowpack could make for an interesting run. :) It'll be interesting to see if Mother Nature keeps it up.

It's not the snow we've had to date, but the snow that we get in March and April that would be the issue.

I would like and try to attend this year. Where do you guys drop into the trail.
Will be traveling from western Montana. Will try to connect with Jon from All Pro.
Any info would be helpful.

There will be no snow, if the weather is s***ty I look forward to Tony dancing on the bar again, that was hands down the best Maurader Bar ever, what ever happened to Fireball ?

I would like and try to attend this year. Where do you guys drop into the trail.
Will be traveling from western Montana. Will try to connect with Jon from All Pro.
Any info would be helpful.

Either Tahoma or Loon Lake. If you do a Renegade, you can also come in via Wentworth Springs.

I really want to go on this trip but there is no way I would be able to get any of my rides to be prepared for this trip, the 60 is not even road worthy and my 4runner is stock. So I was wondering if someone would maybe take me as a co pilot or a passenger? I would pitch in for gas and bring food of course and i can wrench and bring some tools if needed.

I really want to go on this trip but there is no way I would be able to get any of my rides to be prepared for this trip, the 60 is not even road worthy and my 4runner is stock. So I was wondering if someone would maybe take me as a co pilot or a passenger? I would pitch in for gas and bring food of course and i can wrench and bring some tools if needed.
Viper, all my familys' rigs have copilots but lots of people walk the trail with their group. We'd be happy to have you along with us if you'd like. You can throw your stuff in our rigs, and since the copilots are often afoot you can take turns riding as well.

You can have that 60 ready for Rubithon easy. Just get to work. Here's what to do:
-4:1 T case gears
-OME 2.5 lift
-Rear Lunchbox locker

That's like a minimum build but it would get it done with careful driving and a tug or two.

@pilotuku 's uncle did it last year not much more built than that and did fine (other than a broken birf on the slabs).

You can do it! This is me right now.....
20170122_151554.jpg

I'm just taking it one piece at a time. Some pieces are easier than others. :meh:

If all goes well with planning and logistics, we have 3 rigs, we'll try and make room for you John...

You can have that 60 ready for Rubithon easy. Just get to work. Here's what to do:
-4:1 T case gears
-OME 2.5 lift
-Rear Lunchbox locker

That's like a minimum build but it would get it done with careful driving and a tug or two.

@pilotuku 's uncle did it last year not much more built than that and did fine (other than a broken birf on the slabs).

Yep, he only had 2.5 lift on 33's All Terrain and hill billy front bumper and made it through just fine, of course with a shattered tail light.

As for the broken birf, that's on him... he had a heavy foot. Lol....

Last edited:
Thank you guys for the push and encouragement also thanks for the the offer to take me on your rig even if that means I will be tied down on a roof rack.:lol: My main issue really is not the time or skills to get my rig ready for this trip but the $$$$$$$$ my wife lost her job back in July last year and we really took a hit financially having only one income and some unemployment benefits which already ran out. My plan originally was to get the bare minimum done last year as @Cruiserdrew suggested, so will still look forward on this trip since there is a good chance someone here will toss me on their roof rack.

Happy to report our guys did awesome and won the 4600 class! We also competed in the 4400 class and was able to finish in regulation and placed 42nd. Not too shabby for our first time in a 4400 car.

I'm back and almost caught up, so if there are any questions call or email away!
Eric

Congratulations to Andy Pollock. You are our January winner for the extra grand prize raffle ticket. You name will go back in the mix and will be eligible for future drawings as well.

For the rest of you, the sooner you get your registrations in, the more chances to get extra grand prize raffle tickets!
Eric

Alright, this is cool. Nice to have an extra chance at the grand prize. Thank you Eric and the TLCA.

:cheers::cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom