Do You Fat? (1 Viewer)

Do You Fat?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So does anyone else out there ride a fat bike?

I just got a Motobecane Sturgis, and have been riding it everyday for the past few weeks. This thing is awesome! I would have never guessed riding a fat bike could be so fun, or rather so much more fun than a normal MTB. I ride it on our backcountry trails out here in the middle of nowhere.

As of now the only things I have done to it are; converted to tubeless (much easier to throw in a tire plug than to patch a tube and hope it sticks) and changed out the rim strip from flat black to wood grain pattern tape. Oh and some random pedals...

Soon to add some Race Face Chester pedals, Race Face Atlas grips and a better saddle (all in Blaze Orange)

WP_20170123_17_15_21_Pro (2).jpg

And the tubeless with woodgrain....

WP_20170123_17_17_34_Pro (2).jpg

In the end my woodgrain wheels look more like bacon.

That's ok, because I love bacon... I'll just call it "The Baconator"

I have one, but sincerely never got in to it..
photo.jpg

I'm about 230 and the 4'' tires nevere really "float" me, so you even up making a ditch regardless...

Is for sure really fun, the smell of the air is amazing and conquering a little tiny muggle is a big triumph..
IMG_3975.jpg

When is not well, oh boy traction galore..

I have one, but sincerely never got in to it..

I'm about 230 and the 4'' tires nevere really "float" me, so you even up making a ditch regardless...

I'm sure this is obvious but did you air down below 10psi? I have read of guys much heavier than you having no problems at all and having plenty of "float". I can't really say much as I am only around 160, and there is no snow in this area, just lots of loose sand and rock.

I'm sure this is obvious but did you air down below 10psi? I have read of guys much heavier than you having no problems at all and having plenty of "float". I can't really say much as I am only around 160, and there is no snow in this area, just lots of loose sand and rock.
Oh yeah 8psi with rim lock, 9, 10psi, my tires are the 4" the 5'' float much butter but for that you need a whole other frame

160 you are floating..

Looking @ a Trek or 907 myself, would be a great way to get out here on Prudhoe Bay.

While riding out in the snow the other day, for a moment I thought "yeah, a fat bike might be fun".

Then I remembered I don't have nearly enough money to follow every new trend and fad.

While riding out in the snow the other day, for a moment I thought "yeah, a fat bike might be fun".

Then I remembered I don't have nearly enough money to follow every new trend and fad.
I thought the same thing until I rented one. After I returned the bike I bought the beargrease and it's been my go to bike more often then my 29er. I'd say I ride the fatty 4 to 1 with my other bike.

My son is a bike snob and mechanics in a high-end bike shop. He has some snazzy Surly that cost him an arm and a leg....:lol:

On the other hand I can still afford gas...............:flipoff2:

image.jpeg
My son also works at a bike shop. This is his custom fat unicycle.

Are these the same ones that people use to ride on sand?

I would think they work the same way as riding better in snow, with the whole wider surface area thing, but I want to be sure.

Looking to do some beach riding, and I see the people doing it have the fat tires, but usually they aren't black rubber. (Mostly some sort of yellowing clear substance.)

Any help would be appreciated from someone who does a lot of sand cycling.

Yes people use these bikes for snow and sand or just for fun.

Between my wife's bike and my old montague Paratrooper, I don't think I have even close to what one of those fancy Fat bikes cost. I had considered it though because we go to the beach alot. I may have to rent one to try on sand and see how it feels. So many different styles and types of bikes now. I go to the bike shop and come out more confused than when I went in...

Borrowed a Trek Farely 7 for the day, it was a blast. I've a 907 Tundra on order...

IMG_20170418_140816157.jpg

IMG_20170418_140951056_HDR.jpg

Arrived Friday...it's a pretty sweet ride. We've got some great trails, and should be fun on the Prudhoe Bay this winter.

IMG_20170429_114041366.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom