Which FOB for the RS3000? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this info at one point, but now that I need it, I can't seem to find it. Which fobs do and don't work with the RS3000? Can someone help set me straight?

I have a '97 LC with the port installed RS3000. Box under the drivers seat. Number on top of the alarm is 08190-00921. What do I need to know before I order new fobs? Any recommended resources? Didn't have fobs when I purchased the truck, so I'll need to clear codes and reprogram.

IMG_8473.jpg

yeah without having the original OEM that came with your truck to go from, its really a roll of the dice. the FCC id's are the same for both colors i believe so you cant really go off that either.

Thanks. There a lot about which FCC id and which color, and there doesn't seem to be a difinitive answer on which one is 100% correct. I'll try this and go through the reprogramming process.

^^^^^^^^^^^ Correct. Mine worked with the black one. Others have had to use the gray.

My brother and I each have Land Cruisers. ('94 and a '95) We were both able to use the $15 remote from Missing an Factory Alarm key fob? Try this It isn't factory looking, and has 5 unused buttons, but it worked for us.

Okay. So the black fob doesn't do jack. Went through the reset and, to my amazement, the system chirped and all the dash lights flashed indicating the codes had been successfully cleared. Tried to pair the new black remote per the simple instructions and nothing. Do I now try a gray remote?

Last edited:
Trying a grey remote sounds like the next reasonable step. Of course the next reasonable question is how to determine if a seller is selling the "black" or the "grey" remote. I bought New Toyota Replacement Keyless Entry Car Remote Alarm Transmitter Key Fob Click which is mentioned in the thread I posted about. Although it worked for me, and is made of grey plastic, I can't say for certain it duplicates a factory "grey" or "black" remote. It also has the pros and cons I mentioned. (Low cost, works well, larger than it needs to be because the 6 button remote only has one button that does anything on my truck.)

So, a question... I cleared the codes from my ECU and got all the aforementioned beeps, chirps and flashes to confirm success. However, if I go through same process again, I get nothing. Is this normal? Once codes have been cleared from the ECU, do I need to enter new codes before it will clear again? I'm just trying to rule out any issues with the ECU before I order another remote.

My brother and I each have Land Cruisers. ('94 and a '95) We were both able to use the $15 remote from Missing an Factory Alarm key fob? Try this It isn't factory looking, and has 5 unused buttons, but it worked for us.
I bought two of these a month ago for my '97 because we only have one factory fob. Both work great, they just have 5 un-used buttons.

midfat- no to be pedantic, but you're clearing the codes from the alarm unit under the drivers seat, not the ECU in the dash, right? I did clear all my codes with the proof being that my existing fob stopped working, then I paired all three. Very easy and quick. Hold button on alarm unit for a few seconds, get blink, press fob button, check for function. If you can't get any more flashes out of the dash, is it possible you somehow changed the alamr mode to another function? Do you have anyone nearby with a working fob you can try to pair before you order another one from online?

@midfat
yes i would think next step is to try a grey one. i also happen to have a remco one, brand new from ebay last summer. never used. i bought it by mistake and didnt return it. PM me if interested.

i suppose that if the rs3000 computer is smart enough to only accept up to 4 codes, its smart enough not to wipe out nothing, so to say.

- not to be pedantic, but you're clearing the codes from the alarm unit under the drivers seat, not the ECU in the dash, right?

Yup, control unit under the driver's seat. I'm quite confident I have the procedure correct as I successfull cleared the previous codes and was rewarded by a series of chirps and flashing interior dash lights. The programming procedure however did nothing. Ignition to accessory on, push green button on RS3000 control unit for three seconds, security light illuminated, within 5 seconds I press the unlock/lock button on new remote --- NOTHING. Tried this several times with no effect.

I think next stop is gray remote.

I bought this remote for my 1997 LX450 with the RS3000:
Amazon.com: QualityKeylessPlus TWO Replacement Clone Remote Keyless Entry Key Fob for Lexus FCC ID BAB237131-032: Automotive
Works fine, but takes annoying 12v batteries. I have one OEM lexus FOB but want to also try the other RS3000 remote above. Available on Amazon from a few sellers. Reviews state that the quality is mediocre.
Amazon.com: KeylessOption Keyless Entry Remote Control Car Key Fob Replacement for Toyota RS3000 BAB237131-022: Automotive

Really need to do the antenna mod to fix the range issue. Super annoying.

The place for these 20+ year old junk alarms is the garbage I have tossed a bunch I hate them, but a new one with remote start up :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom