Builds Tanner's 96' FZJ80 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my first Landcruiser in April 2016 after years of deliberation and conflict about selling my beloved 2006 Toyota Tacoma. I absolutely loved that truck but something always kept bugging me internally about getting rid of it and was never fully satisfied. I finally convinced myself to keep it and gave up entirely looking for a Landcruiser of some sort when my wife decided to jump on Craigslist and said, “I think I found the one”. So I called up the gentleman who owned it and he sold it to me within 2hrs. I am now the proud third owner of this excellent vehicle. I absolutely love this machine and have no regrets, but do miss a few things about the Tacoma.

Special Thanks to:

My Wife- For tirelessly putting up with me and my hobby and also finding the “Cruiser”

Greg Miller Toyota(Lemon Grove)- For them hooking me up for parts and their awesome customer service.

Landcrshr(Ron)- For taking the time, effort, and patience to walk me through multiple wiring projects and seeing it through to the end. Thanks again Ron.

Switchpros- For their unmatched customer service and support. Truly a great company and product.

Just Differentials(Murph)- For their awesome customer service and recommendations for my build.

Zuk(Ken)- For doing a sweet job on my F/R Gear and ARB Locker install. Thanks again Ken

SUMMIT CRUISERS Jr (Garrett)- For providing a great well designed rear bumper.

SleeOffroad- For providing awesome products and great communication.

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG

20161022_083806.jpg

MODS

1996 FZJ80
114K miles (at time of purchase) 144k Current
7-pin CDL Switch Installed
Comeup 9.5 Synthetic Rope Winch
ARB Front and Rear Lockers (Utilizing Stock Switch)
4.88 Nitro Front & Rear Gears
Stage 4 Intermediate "Slinky Long Travel" Kit
3" Autocraft Intermediate Slinky coils
Autocraft Spec - Icon 2.5 shocks 14" travel W/CDC Compression Adj.
2" Manafre Swaybar Drops
1.5" Bumpstop Extensions
Delta 4° Caster Correcting Arms
Wits End DC Front Shaft (Landtank)
Slee Front Bumper
Slee Sliders
Slee Adjustable Panhards Front and Rear
Blackhawk Rear Lower Control Arms
Slee Rear Upper Adj. Control Arms
Slee SS Braided Brake Lines
DBA T3 Slotted Rotors W/Akebono Ceramic 100 Series Fronts and 80 Rear Pads
OME Steering Damper
4x4labs Dual Swingout Rear Bumper
315/75R16 Kelly Safari TSR Bead Balanced W/Tyre Beads 8oz. ea.
Stock 16x8 Wheels
Black Oak LED 10" Dual Row Front Light Bar
Black Oak LED 2x 2x2 Pods
Black Oak LED Diffused Rear Bumper Lights
Switch Pros 8100 8 Switch Pod
ARB Twin Compressor
Group 35 X2 Power AGM Battery
Rear View & Front View Camera
BowfinCruisers Full Aluminum Rack W/ Awning Mounts
Snorkel (Amazon)
ARB 2500 Awning

Not Yet Installed/Future

Hard shell rooftop tent w/ annex
Rear storage setup @Drifta4wd Coming in May
17" Rims W/ 37's (Gonna be a minute though)

Last edited:
Well damn great intro! Simple styling and super clean rig!

Could you post a side view pic? I'll be installing a 3 inch lift on my 80.. trying to get a few ideas of what to expect

Oh wow. Thanks for the link!

No worries! The swing-out is very stout and definitely overbuilt (Good Thing) and could handle bigger than a 35" tire if moved up to allow the handle to drop down. Really nice bumper and will be adding my Hi Lift custom mount to it shortly.

Looking great! Looks like you're putting it to good use!

Very cool 80, I like the mods. Keep the updates coming on how the suspension works. Red 80's catch a bit of hate from some but cleaned up and with the right mods it looks amazing. Oh, and that is one damn cool wife you have, lucky you that she found a great rig.

My cool wife spotted this 91 for sale and checked it out, another nod to the red cruiser
10579.jpeg

Very cool 80, I like the mods. Keep the updates coming on how the suspension works. Red 80's catch a bit of hate from some but cleaned up and with the right mods it looks amazing. Oh, and that is one damn cool wife you have, lucky you that she found a great rig.

Thanks bro. I appreciate it! Yea the suspension is awesome. Performs hands down better than my previous one on my truck. Yea I'm glad my wife didn't give up on the search because we are both happier now:cheers:

I need to update this more often. Had a really fun camping trip with my family up in Sequoia/Kings Canyon & Yosemite back in March. Still tons of snow so didn't get to see everything but still really cool nonetheless.
20170410_151846.jpg
20170410_181501.jpg
20170409_152540.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom