Builds GX470 Slow Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know beginning with 2007 model they moved the center diff switch to that piece which resulted in 1 more switch location there, that could be the difference? When I get home I'll pop the actual piece off and see if there's a number on it.

thanks, I really don't see any difference in the description and I am not sure looking at the part will make a difference since they have the same number. I will call them and see what I can find

55446A BASE, SWITCH HOLE, No.1. BASE, SWITCH HOLE, N
$21.21 5544660050
$26.47 5544660040

thanks, I really don't see any difference in the description and I am not sure looking at the part will make a difference since they have the same number. I will call them and see what I can find

$21.21 5544660050
$26.47 5544660040

Here's a picture of the second one: 2003-2006 Lexus GX470 Mirror Switch Base Hole Trim Bezel OEM 55446-60040

A google image search for 5544660050 shows the same piece in black, so that may be the difference.

thanks guys

Yeah it's just the front ones. If I had the right tools it wouldn't have taken more than an hour or so. Once I had the running boards off, I used a solder gun as a hot knife to cut the plastic off the front of the running board and a sander to smooth out the cuts. After you've got your two front pieces, it clips right back on where it was originally to cover the white clips.

Was just checking out your thread and I really like you build so far. I like the LED light bar under the Rhino rack, clever. Never thought of that, I may use that idea. Was also looking at the curved 50'' LED light bar and mount just above the windshield. Still Low profile but yours is nice and hidden. I like it. Did you happen to take any picture of the process when you removed and modified the running boards? I am interested in taking mine off but don't want it to look like something is missing. Any more detail about the process would be helpful also. Thanks if you can help out.

Was just checking out your thread and I really like you build so far. I like the LED light bar under the Rhino rack, clever. Never thought of that, I may use that idea. Was also looking at the curved 50'' LED light bar and mount just above the windshield. Still Low profile but yours is nice and hidden. I like it. Did you happen to take any picture of the process when you removed and modified the running boards? I am interested in taking mine off but don't want it to look like something is missing. Any more detail about the process would be helpful also. Thanks if you can help out.
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I was hoping the lightbar would turn out low profile and clean, I think it did. I had to order a single row bar to fit under the rack however, they are a little more pricey but just as bright in my case.
As far as the running boards, take a look at this link, near the bottom of the first page, this guy Orion was really helpful on the running board removal, and the subsequent steps to cover up the unfinished look near the front wheel. They come off fairly easy, just be prepared to break some of the plastic clips, they are kinda trickey to get off.

'05 GX470 "build"...

Not a big mod, but finally did something about the old running boards light harness dangling under the truck. Spent $15 on some leds from Amazon. We'll see how long they hold uP.

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0340.PNG

Ok so I am in the middle of researching suspension and lift for hopefully middle of this year. I don't think I can afford knocking out the wheels, tires, and lift all at once, and may need to space things out over several months. Since this will be my first lifted vehicle ever (I've always ran stock) I have a question for all you guys running 285s and lift kits.

If I'm unable to do the lift and tires at once, is one better to do first than the other? Can my stock suspension handle 285/70/17 tires with a 17x8.5,-10 or -12 offset for several months until I get the lift done? I wouldn't be doing any off roading until the lift is done. Or is it better to do the lift first? I am thinking I am going to go with @southernsss 2'' radflo kit like @freddydt. I know running around on stock 265's with a 2'' lift would look stupid, but it may have to be like that until I could get the tires and wheels. Classic newb lift questions here. Thanks guys.

Do the wheels first. Those are probably the most important thing on the truck. They are the only thing between you and the road/dirt

I mounted the lights flushed to the frame to minimize any damage, they were only $15 so if they rip off no worries. No new mods as of late. Probably won't be for a while either. ☹️

Haven't done much to the rig lately. Did move the lightbar switch from the little square blank under the steering wheel to the left of the steering wheel. I grabbed a '07 GX switch panel which has the spare slot and put the led switch there.

View attachment 1304204

I did a dum move, ordered the panel and fill plug, but not the mirror control. The panel and fill plug where cheap, the mirror control is around $139. Guess I will see if I can find one at a junk yard. Hope it's the same part on other Lexus & Toyotas

I did a dum move, ordered the panel and fill plug, but not the mirror control. The panel and fill plug where cheap, the mirror control is around $139. Guess I will see if I can find one at a junk yard. Hope it's the same part on other Lexus & Toyotas

IIRC you can trim the mirror control trim to fit the new panel.

That is a lot of trimming when you clean the back area also. I also think it would be hard to get the exact trim for the front. I think I will look around for junk yard deal first.

Took advantage of metal techs Black Friday sales and grabbed Opor sliders and Iron Man Pro Cell Foams. I've had zero time to even think about installing with a home remodel. When the time comes I'll definitely post some pictures.

Finally got a chance to install the foam cell pros. Still have to do the sliders, hopefully soon. The ride is vastly improved over the worn out stock suspension. Can't wait to try it off-road.

IMG_0243.JPG

IIRC you can trim the mirror control trim to fit the new panel.

Might need to do just that, since I have had no luck finding a used 07-09 one

Sorry to bump this, but do you think the FJ rear diff lock switch would fit in the 07+ bezel p/n 5544660050 ? I'm looking for factory looking options to add rear diff lock...Here is a generic picture of them....

uploadfromtaptalk1453249677207-jpg.1194318

FJ rear diff lock switch
picture_toyota_fj_cruiser_a-trac_switch_install_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom