What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@bushdoctor Care to post a pic of your seat covers and iPad mount?

I'm liking the drawer as well. I honestly didn't think of just doing one side.

But it's growing on me. Can I ask why just the one side?

Looks good and solid I see.

I will take some more pics soon.

But the seat covers at the Specter slips - link: Page 309 Land Cruiser 100 Series Tuff Duck Slip Covers Had them for a while now. Fit well and they have held up great even in the very hot climate conditions - never liked the leather in the heat. Easy care as well.

The mount -- I will take more pics -- was a combination of RAM products and some fabrication I made on the parts I felt the RAM products were lacking

RAM POD 18" No-Drill™ Vehicle Mount with B Size 1" Ball on Round Plate with AMPs Hole Pattern Unpackaged - RAM-B-316-1-202U | RAM Mounts (used a steel rod instead of their Aluminium for better rigidity. Made custom bends on it and also customized the base with a steel plate bolted on)
RAM Universal X-Grip® Cradle for 12" Tablets Unpackaged - RAM-HOL-UN11U | RAM Mounts (went this route so it's more universal. ipads get updated and didn't want to get stuck with an ipad product specific mount)

The drawers: Went with one first to see if it could cater to all my needs and perhaps the weight factor. I typically like to travel light. My thought on weight now is that two isn't going to hurt so if required, I certainly will pick up another one. They are built tough and weigh reasonably. My current springs OME 2863 are more than sufficient for my current weight -- rear bumper with spare, single drawers (+1 more in the future) and some. A single drawer will mount solid. No doubt. On most occasions, I rarely travel with my middle row seats and will perhaps build a sleeping platform for times when sleeping in the vehicle is preferred over sleeping in a tent.

Put all new OEM shocks on today.

What the heck is with people drilling holes through the floor to get to the top nuts in the rear. Terrible.

Haha cracked up at that picture. What color is the interior of the spare truck? if I get lucky its gray?

Sorry no luck on the gray, they hall have tan interiors. I have a nice black one I'll sell you though, lol.

Installed the Specter Offroad rear seat covers for Emmit- the yellow lab.

They seem pretty bomb proof, hopefully the fabric will wear in or soften with a little use- its pretty stiff at the moment.

IMG_1691.JPG

Anyone here with a 98/99 ever had issues with their e-locker not engaging?

I turn the switch and the light flashes but it does not engage.

Yes. After it is turned on, turn some tight circles or figure 8s until it engages. The e-locker works best when it is periodically engaged.

Enjoyed a nice unseasonably warm day in NC yesterday by getting a couple of primer coats on my BIOR rear bumper. Hopefully we get another warm day next week to finish up!

20161223_130802.jpg

After stumbling upon the craigslist find of the year, I then turned around and sold the black Tundra TRD wheels for essentially what I paid for both the wheels and the 285/65/18 KO2s originally last weekend. I said screw it, I'll just keep the barely used KO2s and appreciate the fact that I essentially got 'em for 1/10th of their retail price.

I then realized two of the four already had beginnings of cracks (BFG KO2 Cracking at 10k). Took the set to Discount Tire and after about 15 minutes he (discount tire guy) got the approval from Michelin for prorated replacement under warranty. Best part? I was able to get brand new 275/70/18s for the same prorated price the original 285/65s would have been. Brand new KO2s under full warranty and lifetime road-force balancing...figure I'll enjoy them this winter and just keep an eye on them, replacing (again) if need be.

Right after the installation (before torsion bar crank and alignment...)
IMG_0095.JPG

And after the tbar crank/alignment (I'm going to measure it again later tonight, but I'm pretty sure the stinkbug droop isn't 'enough'...although there is still roughly 200lbs of tires/wheels sitting in the trunk of the truck, and it rides absolutely phenomenally - soft and straight...we'll see).
IMG_0098.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG

Santa came early... Actually 3_puppies sent out a nice grey front passenger door panel to replace my damaged one that I have tried & tried to fix with no success. I also took a little time to paint the front speaker grilles. May have been a little chilly to get them perfect, but I can always take them back off and recover or repaint them later.

Old

KIMG0416 (2).jpeg

New

KIMG0417 (2).jpeg

I tend to save up parts and go nuts when the time is right....

Full IronMan Foam Cell Pro kit (First Impressions Here). Greased/Booted CVs. Completed roof rack delete (temporary until I decide on a new one):hmm:

Tires and bar work are next...... 285? 295? ARB? Slee? You know, first world problems :rolleyes:

Lift Front Left.JPG

Hardware with gaskets. Went in with anti seize and a dab of flowable silicone.
Rack Hardware.jpg

Capped off with OEM Trim covers
Installed Trim.jpg
Roof Rack Delete.jpg
Hardware Size.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled out my Wheeler's bump stops on my 06 LX. Just was not the combo I was looking for. One of those deals that loved the pros but couldn't take the cons.

20161212_152543-L.jpg

Pulled out my Wheeler's bump stops on my 06 LX. Just was not the combo I was looking for. One of those deals that loved the pros but couldn't take the cons.

20161212_152543-L.jpg
What cons? Last time I checked they didn't really limit travel.

Last edited:
Finally built the land cruiser bunk bed! Put it together this weekend, mostly by myself, was a fun project but fricking heavy! LC on 32" tires with roughly .5- 1" lift all around fit nicely with a couple inches to spare.

Dannmar 7x is the model. Cheapest lift I could find with the Automotive lift certification. Pretty stout unit. Lifts the lc without any trouble.

Was a super cheap way to get another garage bay compared to building an actual garage.

Now I just need to get some eye candy up there!

View attachment 1368665 View attachment 1368667
will the garage door get in the way when the 100 is lifted up?

What cons? Last time I checked they didn't really limit travel.

On the stock AHC LX the bumpstop at N height is in contact with the lower A arm. If you try to go into the low setting the truck will drop about .5inches. The ride was firmed up and the truck handled well in corners but they limited travel and really limited the factory shock to operate through the full range. I had high hopes and thought they would compress more and be softer.

I think they would be a better fit on a lifted truck. I thought about trimming and still might but, after pulling them I like it better.

I do think they limit travel quite a bit with my experience and will take some measurements and update in the Superbumps thread.

On the stock AHC LX the bumpstop at N height is in contact with the lower A arm. If you try to go into the low setting the truck will drop about .5inches. The ride was firmed up and the truck handled well in corners but they limited travel and really limited the factory shock to operate through the full range. I had high hopes and thought they would compress more and be softer.

I think they would be a better fit on a lifted truck. I thought about trimming and still might but, after pulling them I like it better.

I do think they limit travel quite a bit with my experience and will take some measurements and update in the Superbumps thread.
I agree and think they should only be used with extra weight/in a lifted application.

I just remembered seeing fully compressed in the other thread they were only about .5" longer than OEM fully compressed. But at stock height that .5" really matters.

Me and my family visited Sequioa National Park yesterday. First time the 2 year old and 9 year old boys got to play in the snow! 3-4 feet of snow everywhere. We got up there so early that the park rangers were just arriving so there was almost nobody in the park. I performed my first rescue in the snow. A guy in a 2wd Ram truck with snow tires and chains on his truck slid off the road. He went over the roadside curbing, so it took a few yanks to get him back on the un-plowed road. But he was very thankful and I was happy to help. These Duratrac tires, even without studs, are great in very deep snow and are good to very good on ice. Sorry no pics of the recovery, as I was focused on a safe recovery.
20161224_103725.jpg

Me and my family visited Sequioa National Park yesterday. First time the 2 year old and 9 year old boys got to play in the snow! 3-4 feet of snow everywhere. We got up there so early that the park rangers were just arriving so there was almost nobody in the park. I performed my first rescue in the snow. A guy in a 2wd Ram truck with snow tires and chains on his truck slid off the road. He went over the roadside curbing, so it took a few yanks to get him back on the un-plowed road. But he was very thankful and I was happy to help. These Duratrac tires, even without studs, are great in very deep snow and are good to very good on ice. Sorry no pics of the recovery, as I was focused on a safe recovery.
View attachment 1371541

Looks amazing. Did you need chains or at least have to have them with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom