1981 Pick-up Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the input. @jynx I have been looking at a way to go the keyed on/off route, but I'm just not 100% sure where to get the hot power from - this is originally why I hoped the electric choke wires would work. I am slow at a lot of things, but electrical is especially bad. Preferably, I'll end up with a non-dedicated direct to battery switch. I've done a little research and have a couple of potential solutions that I still need to scope out.

@TeddyBoy I'll be running two tanks - I had hoped for a cooler custom location, but they both ended up in the bed.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter... as santa struggled to unload my 5 new to me beadlocked iroks:
IMG_1690.JPG

What just a minute.... Who be sitting on blocks?

Nope but the "extreme" is awful tempting. They're currently in hiding until I can get the ballz up to bring them home. I had grand thoughts of stripping them down and re painting but damn that's a lot of bolts.

If you wife is anything like mine she'll barely notice.

Shes gotten used to me going to Johns every Saturday so occasionally this give me the opportunity to pick up parts w/o her noticing. My last set I ran to the other side of Chattanooga one Saturday and dragged them home that afternoon. Pulled down the driveway and quickly ran them around the side of the house before she ever saw them. Next day I had mounted up, few weeks later she asked me if I'd gotten new tires, I said "Nope, same old set" and never heard another word.

Last edited:
We'll see how it goes but may end up needin to stay at GM a couple of extra days. Also forgot to say thanks for finding them :beer:.

Ah, so the tater is still on all 4s... I thought @TeddyBoy had done got him some new shoes for the tatertot, you know to complement all his LEDs.

OH DA**,

I think @tgreco just busted the he## out of your balls @TeddyBoy.

I am really looking forward to Golden Mountain now. I just hope someone doesn't receive a Golden Shower.

Nice tires @tgreco..........By the way I just left your wife a message, saying how great it is that she supports your wheelin habit by buying you them there tires and wheels.

Last edited:
dem 40s get me over shopp'n carts not jus speed bumps like you little tar turds. :flipoff2:

oh, and

LEDs RULE!!!! :santa::santa::santa::santa:

In all seriousness though, Tony - time for a cage. I know you've talked about it but now you're getting a rig that can get you into trouble.

@TeddyBoy @FJCcrawler Don't worry, it was the only thing on my Xmas list for the wife. It was an easy sell because I could guilt trip her into it. Although with that said, she really just doesn't want to get stuck with 3 kids by herself.

@TeddyBoy @FJCcrawler Don't worry, it was the only thing on my Xmas list for the wife. It was an easy sell because I could guilt trip her into it. Although with that said, she really just doesn't want to get stuck with 3 kids by herself.

so lets see em bolted up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom