Wiring diagram for putting in aftermarket radio (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have the ole am/fm and looking to tear it out and put an aftermarket stereo.

Any wiring diagrams? I'm thinking 6.5 in the front doors and 6x9 in the back with a small sub and amp

Tips? Opinions?

you can get an adapter to wire to the AM stereo and it plugs directly into your 2 TLC OEM dash harness connectors. cost was 14.99 out the door at Oreillys a week ago...I searched fj60 radio pinout on google and got this
radio1-jpg.671491
radio2-jpg.671492

As far as power, does anyone think I should have any issues? I'm not going crazy. I'm doing Small self amplified sub, small amp for speakers.

I did upgrade the alternator to a 91-

are you running power and ground wires for your amps and sub? the oem wire might be a bit small for the added oomph, maybe not...

if your old am/fm still works, you should make it available to someone who wants one. some guys like the OEM look...

are you running power and ground wires for your amps and sub? the oem wire might be a bit small for the added oomph, maybe not...
Any amplifier you add needs its own power wire ran to the battery with the appropriate size fuse no further that 18inchs away from the battery. You can buy amp kits that have everything you need power wire some ground wire no need to run to tge battery remote turn on wire the aftermarket radio will have an amp turn on wire and depending on the kit one or more rca cables. If you want the whole system amplified I would recommend a 5 channel amplifier that way you don't need 2 amp kits and it would be simplest to install. If you get a radio that has front rear and subwoofer out puts you can control everything from the radio fade front to rear and adjust the sub up and down as long as the amp has front, rear and sub inputs not all of them have a sub input. Now if you amplified the whole system I would run new speaker wires into the doors to the amp and from the back speakers to the amp. Yes on the 6 1/2s and 6x9s will give you a little more bass than a 6 1/2. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask I worked at a high end stereo shop in Va Beach Va for years also was the shop foreman.

And you can use the diagram that @LAMBCRUSHER posted to hard wire your aftermarket radio to the lc or if you don't want to cut the factory harness you can get the adapter that he is talking about.

The original radio still works.

Yes I was intending on running new everything.

I will get that adaptor soon. 8 think it would be easiest.

I used to be an electrician so was never afraid of splicing....boy, let me tell you, not having to hack up an OEM harness- PRICELESS!!!

I don't have an oreillys anywhere near me.

What do I search for.

Thanks

you can get an adapter to wire to the AM stereo and it plugs directly into your 2 TLC OEM dash harness connectors. cost was 14.99 out the door at Oreillys a week ago...I searched fj60 radio pinout on google and got this
radio1-jpg.671491
radio2-jpg.671492

f
j
radio
adapter
harness...

was that slow enough?

just ribbin ya...dont get all thin skinned on us...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom