Builds ERG80's 1997 T100 SR5 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The old gal developed an issue with the driver's side blinker lights Tuesday morning. Front and rear left side blinkers and the arrow on the dash would stay on whenever I turned the headlights on. And when the headlights were off all the dash lights would flash on and off when I used the signal. Hazard lights worked fine when they were turned on. I checked all head and taillight bulbs and the fuses and everything checked out. So today I pulled the trailer wiring harness I installed in 2014and the issue was gone. I guess the converter went bad.

No issues Of any kind until they started Tuesday. This is the kit.
Toyota

Last edited:
I replaced the faulty converter with one from curt. CURT Manufacturing - CURT T-Connector #55513 Installation was easy, the only difference was this one has a ground wire i had to wire in. This kit had longer wires so i was able to mount the converter behind the DS taillight instead of underneath the truck. Hopefully that gives it some protection and it will last longer.

Hit a milestone

image.jpg

Today I had a muffler shop replace my muffler And some holey rear exhaust pipe so exhaust doesnt dump out under the truck anymore.

The truck is still going strong. no mods lately except I switched out the Hellas for some huge lightforce lights. It now has over 260000 miles and I still love it!

The truck is still going strong. no mods lately except I switched out the Hellas for some huge lightforce lights. It now has over 260000 miles and I still love it!

Pics? =) You've got at least one die-hard fan of this thread in me.

IMG_2594.JPG
The truck hauled gear and kayaks so me and a work friend could fish a local scenic river. Still going strong at over 260,000 miles

Just dug this build up, I love tasteful and useful mods. that trailer with matching wheels is awesome by the way! I just picked up a 98 t100 SR5 from my friend with 240K on it, its essentially stock and it's even the same Warm White color as yours. Definitely going to follow along with a couple of your mods on here. gotta throw a new exhaust to pass inspection, but after that she'll be turned into a camping rig!

Just dug this build up, I love tasteful and useful mods. that trailer with matching wheels is awesome by the way! I just picked up a 98 t100 SR5 from my friend with 240K on it, its essentially stock and it's even the same Warm White color as yours. Definitely going to follow along with a couple of your mods on here. gotta throw a new exhaust to pass inspection, but after that she'll be turned into a camping rig!

Thank you.

You're going to love your new t.

IMG_1286.JPG
Snuck a camping trip into last weekend. The platform I built for the bed is still being used.

Thank you

The t100 is still going strong at 27*,*** miles. No new mods besides building a bike rack out of a receiver hitch cargo basket so mom and dad can borrow the truck and go for bike rides at the local park. He has a little trouble lifting the bike into the bed but the rack is just the right height.

I love this truck.

Just subbing to this. I have a 97 T100 I am starting to build up. Unfortunately I don’t weld so bumpers are going to be a challenge for me.

great thread, mods are very well done. I'm about to do my truck but wasn't sure to what extent to cover IE, cover what toyota missed, cover everything, do the roof too etc etc. Did you notice a difference adding the sound deadening material to the cab? My T100 is was quite loud on the highway, lots of engine noise through the footwell and plenty of tire noise as well (AT tires normally aren't that loud).

What I put in helped quite a bit with reducing noise and also with radio sound quality but I never did the front doors. I think sound deadening them would help a lot more.

What noise, been daily driving my FJ40 most the summer and fall. The T100 is a welcome rest on my ears the days I mix it in. My wifes FZJ80 is alarmingly quiet when I get in it, kind of unnerving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom