Replacement radiator suggestions/recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ever thought about having a radiator shop fix it? I just had mine done for 90 dollars this year, they also boiled out a fj 62 gas tank and patched a small hole in it for 65,

ever thought about having a radiator shop fix it? I just had mine done for 90 dollars this year, they also boiled out a fj 62 gas tank and patched a small hole in it for 65,
Yes - I didn't that about a year ago. There was a small leak at the bottom in the middle. The guy said the fix might last for a year or so, or it might last a day or two. The told me it would need to be replaced eventually.
Radiator shops aren't as plentiful in Athens, Ga as they once were. I guess with the newer plastic one a lot of the vehicles these days it's cheaper to replace than repair.

CSF 2708

Amazon.com: 81-87 4.2L AT TOYOTA LAND: Automotive

I've got one in mine. Exact fit. Perfect bolt in. Copper brass. Four core. No problems (so far). 2 years now.

Same here... very easy install. The only trick to these is making sure that it arrives undamaged. They're not extremely well packaged. No problems with mine, but others have had issues. Usually no problems getting a replacement though. Order new hoses, clamps, and a new cap from @beno while you're at it.

I've got one of the Champion aluminum models, looks great and so far so good, and I'm at the beach which seems to contribute to "fin rot". Truth be told, the first one they sent me had a small leak, but they replaced it no questions. Have to give a thumbs up for customer service.

I had a local shop build me an aluminum rad. Great until it gets too cold!!!!!!!!!!! Winter takes a few minutes to warm up.

I'm using the CSF. My only complaint is that the paint was very weak and it's chipping after a few months. Not a big deal, it works perfectly.

I appreciate all of the replies. I hope to get this installed before Christmas vacation ends. (Maybe Santa will bring me a radiator.)

I appreciate all of the replies. I hope to get this installed before Christmas vacation ends. (Maybe Santa will bring me a radiator.)

I have a brand new champion radiator that I need to get rid of, PM me if you think you'd like to go that route

I would appreciate that.
Thanks.

Same here... very easy install. The only trick to these is making sure that it arrives undamaged. They're not extremely well packaged. No problems with mine, but others have had issues. Usually no problems getting a replacement though. Order new hoses, clamps, and a new cap from @beno while you're at it.
Here too. That was part of my WP and FC ect that I replaced a month plus ago. Easy enough to do. Bunch of stuff needs to get disconnected for it to be fit in there easily tho.

Cap (its smaller than the stock) can be bought from a local Toyota too. That is where I got mine. $17 ish I believe.

I read somewhere about dissimilar metals reacting with each other. If an Al radiator is used, I assuming some type of barrier must be placed between the radiator and the frame.
Cap (its smaller than the stock) can be bought from a local Toyota too. That is where I got mine. $17 ish I believe.

Are you talking about a CSF or champion Al radiator?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom