Brighter interior lights for FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.autohomeus.com
Is there a brighter bulb type available? Other options?

Any help appreciated, it's dark in there. :-\

Mike S

Thanks HH. I'll check it out.

Mike S

Thanks. Sent an e-mail and will try them out.

Mike S

I have George's LED modules in both my dome light and cargo light in my FJ62. They are NOT as bright as the stock bulbs were - I switched back and forth at night just to check. I am happy with them, however, because I like the LED's color spectrum much better and they are much more rugged and use a lot less energy, so that when I leave them on overnight my battery isn't dead. I'm planning on adding a Hella maplight for more light.

Get the dome light Rob sells(in small biz section) for thw 60 series, they are killer and put out a ton of light. we have them in the 60 and 62 and we love them.

X3 on Rob

LED Dome Light Kits

Great light from a well designed, easy to install LED light. Simple, clear instructions to install into stock housings.
Great upgrade.

I bought a festoon style lamp from superbrightleds.com. They have a lot of variety - just match your lamp's dimensions. Mine looks like this:

de3175-led-bulb-4smd-festoon-30mm.jpg

The warm white looks much better than the cool. Close to the color temperature of the incandescent original but a hell of a lot brighter. Only one problem: I believe the light is deteriorating the plastic on my dome cover. There's a dime-sized crazed spot right at the hot spot. I know it's not heat, because the lamp is cool enough to touch when on. UV rays maybe? They can destroy plastic.

I bought a festoon style lamp from superbrightleds.com. They have a lot of variety - just match your lamp's dimensions. Mine looks like this:

de3175-led-bulb-4smd-festoon-30mm.jpg

Only one problem: I believe the light is deteriorating the plastic on my dome cover. There's a dime-sized crazed spot right at the hot spot. I know it's not heat, because the lamp is cool enough to touch when on. UV rays maybe? They can destroy plastic.
Old damage or was the lens new when you installed the led?

Old damage or was the lens new when you installed the led?
It was the original lens, but I swear the crazing wasn't there before the LED upgrade. However, I see your point. 28 year old plastic next to a hot (incandescent) lamp for that long will behave differently.

Luckily, new lenses are like $10, so I have spare for when this one falls apart. I should experiment with the old lens by bench-rigging up an LED lamp to an undamaged corner of it and leaving it on for a few weeks. That will tell whether the light is acting on the plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom