Builds Nitro Gear / Justdifferentials, Project 200 Series Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow, this might be the baddest 200 I have ever seen, well done sir!

Sorry for the novice question here. I share the same interest as "LALC" wrote above in wanting to place these same wheels on my stock 200 until my budget for more modifications grows. That said, what is the largest size MT tire you would recommend running on this wheel with a stock setup? Thanks in advance!

Which 200 does your post refer to?

(If you hit "Reply" at the bottom of the post you were responding to, it will reference the post for you) :)

Which 200 does your post refer to?

(If you hit "Reply" at the bottom of the post you were responding to, it will reference the post for you) :)

My post (question pasted again below) pertains to a 2008 200 stock stock setup? Big thanks!

Wow, this might be the baddest 200 I have ever seen, well done sir!

Sorry for the novice question here. I share the same interest as "LALC" wrote above in wanting to place these same wheels on my stock 200 until my budget for more modifications grows. That said, what is the largest size MT tire you would recommend running on this wheel with a stock setup? Thanks in advance!

Question for Just Diffs - it's my understanding you guys custom fab'ed the mount for the dual-compressor in the picture below. Do you have any photos of the mount itself? Specifically how you have it mounted to the truck? I need a similar platform in that location to mount some dual battery electronics and what you came up with is similar to what I'm thinking.

We touched on this rig a few weeks back, but now with it attending it’s first event at Cruise Moab we wanted to detail the changes and additions since that time to get it ready for some rockcrawling. As you may recall we put one of these sweet Land Cruisers (ours is a 2008 model) into the fleet late last summer after selling off our long serving 100 series Cruiser. We’ve been using it to develop product and putting it together as our take on what a TRD Pro version of the 200 series would look like if Toyota had/were to build one.

Nitro Gear 4.88 gearsets are mounted to ARB Air Lockers front and rear with an ARB twin compressor mounted under the hood giving us the ability to air up the tires after a run on the trail. With Moab in the plans locking diffs were a must and the ARB units offer the strength and reliability we were looking for in this project.

Z7gfXNhl.jpg

Xl4S1cWl.jpg

This is a big Toyota and even with the lift and bigger tires we knew the belly and rockers would be vulnerable offroad. With that in mind we put a full ARB skid plate system underneath doing some minor modifications so this system (designed for the Aussie diesel model) so it would work on the US spec V8 powered cruiser. With fantastic strength to weight properties the ARB underbody skid plates give us a lot of piece of mind in the rocks and should slide over obstacles much easier as well. For the rockers we did a set of Slee Offroad units that are very heavy duty and still act as steps when needed.

OhFGgnQl.jpg

lN5a9nxl.jpg

F4dRPbml.jpg

Up front we used a hidden winch mount setup behind the oe bumper with a Warn 9.5XP winch running a Factor 55 thimble in the hawse fairlead. The solenoid pack was remote mounted under the hood and a Warn remote control unit added to allow winch control without opening the hood. Why the hidden mount? We just weren’t super excited about any of the winch bumpers out there for the 200 series and at least for now like the clean appearance the hidden winch setup gives us.

HcftRpyl.jpg

r4sEQS7l.jpg

DXP7tldl.jpg

1st mod
Vais Tech bluetooth A2DP Streaming & Unlock for head unit.

2nd mod
-Long Travel setup with OEM Tundra Lower Control arms, Tie Rod ends, CV shafts, Billet Icon Upper Control Arms, TRD Pro Bilstein 60mm Piggyback shocks with Internal Zone Control Progressive 3 rate dampening, Old Man Emu Rear Coils. 1.5" rear wheel spacers, 3" Wider Track, 3" front lift, 1" rear lift for level stance. Considerable increase in wheel travel. Initial dirt road testing on worn out stock tires proved to be a very nice ride.

3rd mod
TRD Pro Tundra 18" Black wheels, with Nitto Trail Grappler 285/75R18. Yeah I wanted bigger too, but will wait until we can do custom body work, bumpers, etc.

View attachment 1141300 View attachment 1141301 View attachment 1141302 View attachment 1141303
hey there!

awesome build. what rear spacers did you use? Would sequoia rear spacers work? Please let me know. :)

We are running Old Man emu coils on the rear. We offer all of the upgrades necessary. Send an email to info@justdifferentials.com with what you are hoping to do and we can help you out.

Thanks for the link those are spacers to widen the stance correct? I wanted spacers to lift the rear up. Please let me know.

Apologies as I am sure the answer to this is in several threads...but I've had hard time knowing for sure. My questions is specific to your TRD Pro wheels on your white 200 LC. Is it correct that you just swapped those wheels and mounted Toyo OC MT's 285/75/r18? Or is there any necessary lift or spacer to match the look of your truck? As many have said, your truck looks great. I won't be doing anywhere near the mods you've done nor the off-roading...but I love how it looks and I am keen to have 2008 LC look similar. The factory wheels and tire just seem altogether too small. Thank you in advance for any pointers.

Apologies as I am sure the answer to this is in several threads...but I've had hard time knowing for sure. My questions is specific to your TRD Pro wheels on your white 200 LC. Is it correct that you just swapped those wheels and mounted Toyo OC MT's 285/75/r18? Or is there any necessary lift or spacer to match the look of your truck? As many have said, your truck looks great. I won't be doing anywhere near the mods you've done nor the off-roading...but I love how it looks and I am keen to have 2008 LC look similar. The factory wheels and tire just seem altogether too small. Thank you in advance for any pointers.

We used a 1.5" spacer to get them on. There is also 3" of front lift, and 1" of rear lift (so the truck sits level). Let m know if you have any more questions, and thank you for the compliments.

We recently took the 200 series out to the Overland Rally near our shop in Plain, WA. With the addition of the trailer and the racks on top, we can carry just about everything we want for a camping trip or expedition.

8tuwdOKl.jpg

ZOe1saHl.jpg

Woz2Utyl.jpg

fqtjINAl.jpg

tlnHYlLl.jpg

ENBc9mTl.jpg

Carl,

You said that you thought the rear suspension was too soft for the 200. Did you end up changing it out for something else or just live with it?

Truck still looks great!

Icon Omega Bypass rear.

Carl,

You said that you thought the rear suspension was too soft for the 200. Did you end up changing it out for something else or just live with it?

Truck still looks great!

Slee offroad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom