For Sale 1997 FZJ 80 40th Anniversary Edition $10,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't really want to sell it, so only true interest please! Great rig! 20 years old, so not perfect...
I have done a lot to make this a "runner"
It has bumpers, and a lift, but the engine, exhaust, and chassis were what I focused on.
Mileage: 167,500, but will change, as I still drive it. It is not driven in winter though.
Contact me for pics

Gonna sound like a dick but...

Wow... did you completely not read the guidelines for posting?
> No prices allowed in title
> Include location in title
> wrong classified section. This is a vehicle for sale posted in the Parts section

No pictures posted either... I guess you really don't want to sell this!

...yeesh.

I had trouble with the post. Was not behaving with a pc I was on. Sorry. I will take the tone of your text as helpful... Thanks for the heads up!

Gonna sound like a dick but...

Wow... did you completely not read the guidelines for posting?
> No prices allowed in title
> Include location in title
> wrong classified section. This is a vehicle for sale posted in the Parts section

No pictures posted either... I guess you really don't want to sell this!

...yeesh.

Gonna sound like a dick, but... where are the guidelines?

I do remember seeing them at one point, but now I can't seem to find them. My point is, give the guy a freaking break. Not everyone lives on this forum. It's a great resource for everyone with a welcoming community. If it bothers you that bad, start a new forum and moderate it to oblivion.

(attached screenshots show no obvious link for guidelines)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edit: Found them. Still don't have to be a dick about it though. They're guidelines. Not rules.

Last edited:
Thank you for your kindness! I did not mean to screw up, and I wish I did not have to sell it. I actually don't NEED to sell it, but I am trying to play a rich mans game... Thanks again, and I will get it deleted as soon as I hear back on how to do. Be well my friend!

Thank you for your kindness! I did not mean to screw up, and I wish I did not have to sell it. I actually don't NEED to sell it, but I am trying to play a rich mans game... Thanks again, and I will get it deleted as soon as I hear back on how to do. Be well my friend!
You don't have to erase your ad, I'm sure one of the moderators @woody will move it for you in the vehicle classified section. If you can try and post some pics, if you are having issues please let us know and one of us will help you.

Thank you, and sorry! I am having issues adding photos and such. Be good!

I WAS trying to be helpful... but I knew it would sound like I was being a dick... and BINGO!

The guidelines are presented to you when you start a new listing... but don't worry, most people ignore the rules.

It is frustrating when someone (and by someone I mean me) is potentially interested in buying something but there is not enough info in the ad. For example an axle hub to hub for $100 is a good deal if it is close enough to pick up but cost-prohibitive if it is across the country. If I see in the title that it is in CA (I am in NY) I know I'm not going to buy it.

I know this might seem like a small inconvenience to some but given that the seller is interested in selling (usually) it seems reasonable to think that the seller would provide plenty of info to prospective buyers. The guidelines are there to make this all work more smoothly, not to be a PITA.

I hope you will understand my position. And yes, I have spent a lot of time on here over a lot of years.

And @FishTown, as you would like us to know from the passage in your sig.:

"As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another"

I take that to mean that we can improve one another by passing on knowledge. That was my goal here....

No sweat, I took it all as help. I had a kind person move my add to the proper place, and have been communicating pictures via email, as I was having trouble uploading... May your conscience be clear. No harm done what so ever. Best to you!

Here are some photos seller sent me. Great looking truck.
IMG_2907.PNG
IMG_2909.JPG
IMG_2910.PNG

Are those OEM steel wheels? Do you have the original alloys?

I do not, these are what came on it. They are plasti dipped, not painted or pwdercoated.

Here is a better write up. Sorry for the hasty post, and tech ignorance...

I bought my land cruiser with some work to be done.

Birfield joint was blown, so new nitro went in.

Most gaskets, o-rings and and seals were old, so they were replaced.

Belts were done on the cheep. So they were replaced.

Plugs and cables, a battery was done as well. Put a solid Deka battery in, and it made a great difference.

It has a 2 1/2 Old Man Emu lift on it, so I put off set caster bearings from Slee in the front control arms. My buddy who is a great mechanic, and car nut drove it after I had it done, and said that it does not drive like a lifted truck!

New radiator was put in this summer.

New brakes (the whole shebang) all the way around, about two weeks ago.

Magnaflow cats and pipe to header, and a Borla cat back system. All stainless.

TJM front bumper, winch capable, but I did it for an improved look.

4X4 Labs rear bumper with tire carrier. I did that to get the tire off the frame rails. It is also a good look.

The quarter panels were rotting away, so I had them cut, and new ones were welded in and painted by body shop. The results were amazing. I have before and after pics. I put them up a couple years ago on ih8mud

No third row seats. I never had them, bummer!

Not been driven in winter, and came from VA, so chassis is great! Also it has never been crawled or mudded. A dirt road queen named Lolly...

I am sure I am forgetting stuff...

It is dark now, but i will try to post some in the am. body is pretty solid, and underneath in my opinion is pretty darn good! Like I said, don't really want to get ride of her!

Thank you all for your help, and insight. Someone messaged me, and wants to look at her. If you are interested, I am very busy, and don't want to miss anyone, or "ghost" you... Message me, and I will share my phone#. All the best you Cruiser nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom