Who the hell are you? Introduce yourself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Many of our members are not generally the sort to introduce themselves in a setting such as this but some of you may be willing to post up a picture of your rig and just say hi.

Do we need a question to start! :lol:

Hi, I'm Kevin. I wheel a 1981 BJ42 when it works and am a decade into building an FJ45 diesel conversion hardcore wheeler. Here are a few shots of Steve the 42 in Moab, Cardinal River and the trip home from last year's Ruby lake trip!! (Thanks Peter!)
IMG_1161_zps2f9b8cae.jpg
IMG_4818.JPG
IMG_4838.JPG

I'm Spence. I'm 24 and on my 5th Land Cruiser. I daily an LX450 and drive a minty BJ60 in the summer months, a truck I purchased from my father who was the original owner who logged just under 400,000 delicate kilometers since 1985.

19824262929_660b516885_b.jpg

15211145138_986b537e30_b.jpg

I also drive this:

15011274126_d16903d8fb_b.jpg

Hi, I'm Jonathan from Ladysmith now. I know a few of the Calgary people as I work for a company there, and lived there for a short
time. My regular driver is a 60 series wagon. It has been rebuilt/painted and changed as much as can be expected. Recent upgrade is a full floater rear with an ARB. I've got a month long trip to Yukon, Alaska this fall. My '73 FJ40 is in restoration, upcoming 13BT/5 spd BJ74 axles dual tanks etc. Its been awhile, but work takes me away from home.

091.JPG

Hi, I'm Lloyd and am living in Calgary. I have a 78 FJ40 that I have been restoring for the last 20 years and hopefully will have on the road before my kids leave for university! I also have a 1980 FJ40 that I picked up last year that is in better shape but has taken a little TLC to get on the road safely. Since I picked it up last year, I've redone the heads (it has a 350), put new springs and bushings in the suspension, added a soft top and doors, and rebuilt the rear tire carrier. I'm on to solving an overheating problem so that I can run down the highway with some confidence I won't breakdown. I am looking forward to getting the truck out and trying out my rusty wheeling skills. The '80 has been dubbed Clifford by my kids and I think the moniker will stick to that truck with its 3" suspension lift, 3" body lift and 35" tires. I'm hoping to add lockers to at least one diff and synthetic line to the winch in the next year.

Here's a picture of Clifford, doomed to city driving until I get the overheat problem solved. On the plus side, my 16 YO daughter has adopted Clifford as her daily driver to school.
IMG_2833.JPG

I'm looking forward to wheeling with the group!

Hey all
I'm John Mac and drive an 85bj70 , the fj45 in the pic is my project, hopefully going on the road in 2016 as well as my bj42.
I also do welding on the side, as you can see by my xtra-cab. If there is going to be a coffee meet ( Calgary ) some time then count me in !

DSCN1274.JPG

Nice project, hope to see that one day

Hi I'm Joe, I have been busy combining these 2 '84 60's for a couple years. The green one was rebuilt by Wayne back when he was in Calgary. I drove that truck some 200 K until the frame rusted through and the rockers were gone. The tan on came from a friend in LA. It had been kept original and good until parked some time ago. I painted the rebuild unit 653 olive. It is Very near completion and I hope to have it licenced this spring.
IMG_1044.JPG
DSC00028.JPG

EDIT: Fall 2016 Now officially a FBJ60 Registered in Alberta. 2 Years 11 Months and 2 Days in the making.

DSC01542.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice Joe - hope to see you around

Hey Gents!

My name is Nathan, I drive a 1986 HJ60 Land Cruiser, and its the best vehicle I've ever owned!
IMG_9726.JPG

My Cruiser has taken me everywhere! Lots of work done this year to it, but so worth the pain! Heres how she sat last weekend.

1986 HJ60 (12HT and H55F from JDM HJ61)
ARB bumper/ Warn 8274 Winch
OME Suspension
ARB Sliders (Not pictured)
Safari Snorkel
ARB air compressor
VHF Radio/ GPS and some other techy knick knacks...
Rear Bumper/ Tire Carrier my buddy travis and i built up
TRD Wheels with General Grabbers (285/75r16)

Paint: Monstaliner Desert Sand

Look forward to meeting you guys someday!

Nathan, where did you get the monstaliner?

Nathan, where did you get the monstaliner?

I actually bought it from someone here on mud from the states... Shipped all in for approx 250$... and then ordered the tint straight from monstaliner (magnet paints).... But for a 2 gallon tintable kit your looking around 400 CAD plus shipping. But worthwhile DIY paint in my opinion!

Hi I'm new to the site I'm in the middle of building my 65 fj40 I just purchased the ruff stuff soa kit for 60 series axles and decided to join after finding lots of great info here thanks -Collin

IMG_0613.JPG

Hi All,
I am a NW Calgary based cruiser driver.
I have a 94Cruiser that is pretty much stock and I need help with her. I have this terrible scraping noise coming from the brakes (left front I think). I assume it means my brake pads are completely gone. I am a practical person but have no experience working on cars etc. Also too poor to take it to the shop. Could really use a guru to help me diagnose and then do replacements etc. Any help from the Calgary cruiser community would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Bernard

fullsizeoutput_2ec.jpeg

Hey all!

Just picked up a semi built 93 fzj80. I say semi built because I need to do a bit of work to it. Was originally an AZ truck ( hence the lack of clear coat....looking for panels ), then WA, then BC now here. This will be my 5th ( 6th if you consider the 40 we had when I was a kid ) and second 80 series, had a 5spd hdj81 as well.

Running on 315's J and L series OME components, arb bar, custom rear cruisin off road roof rack and t case skid.

IMG_0911_zpss9uovmqs.jpg

Don't forget to add your rig to the 80 Series Google map! You can see all the 80 series around the world. Add yours!! Need a google log in to add to the map, no google login? PM me and I'll add your rig. Just need your vehicle year any general location.

Click here > 80 Series Land Cruisers of the World!!

Hello everyone!

This summer I bought my first Land Cruiser. (1979 FJ40)

I plan on fixing it up to the point where it looks good but in no way is it going to be a full nut and bolt restoration. The diamond plate is definitely coming off ASAP.

It would be awesome to get more involved with some like minded people, but it looks like the the rocky mountain land cruiser page is not running anymore. Is there still fairly regular meets or coffee runs?

Thanks!

Julian

IMG_20170504_202919.jpg

IMG_20170506_204940.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom