My 77 FJ40 Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks great Dave!

Worked on getting the steering column finished today. I painted the steering column plastic bits with some plastic primer and paint. I also modified an 80 series steering wheel. I added two pins that matched the stock wheel to cancel the turn signals. The horn contact also needed to be modified.

20161030_160907.jpg
20161030_160955.jpg
20161030_161747.jpg

Dynamite job on your project. Not sure how I missed you thread from the beginning, but I just got through your progress and am impressed. NICE WORK!!! I am subscribed and along for the ride!!!

Thanks!

Check out how different the 40 looks with the cream colored bezel. I have a black one that was powder coated, but I think I'm going to use the cream one.

20161105_081234.jpg

Got the tailgate fitted. I'm going to need some thick weather stripping for the gaps (the tub has a wider opening for ambulance doors).

20161105_180230.jpg

Last edited:
Windshield frame is on. I used the aftermarket gasket from Cruiser Corps. That thing is thick and feels like it is high quality.

View attachment 1349218

20161108_173041.jpg

Looking amazing, color looks great on it. Awesome seeing it come together keep it up!

Got some. Just need to swap the tires over or find a good deal on a second set of new/used tires.

Started sorting out the main harness. It's mostly intact. A couple of sections have been cut, but I think I can solder them back into shape. I've already cleaned up and installed the rear harness (whew).
20161110_210202.jpg

Ahh, now the real fun begins!! You are making quick progress. At this rate, you should have it running and legal by Christmas. What is your plan for windshield glass?

Thanks man. I have the glass tucked away on my shelf. It's in great shape. Don't know if I'm going to attempt the install or hire out.

I had Ace Discount Glass cut me piece of glass and also had them install it. Turned out really well. If you need help with that harness, let me know and I'll see what I can do to sneak away from dad doody this weekend.

Thanks man. I'm out on a scout climbing trip tomorrow, but will be back on Sunday. I'm going to remove all of the tape, degrease it all, fix the wires, and then retape. Nothing too difficult, just takes time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom