Builds Romer's 200 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What size tire is that? I can't make out the size. I read that you mentioned it rubbed when turning (@stock height). I like the TRD Pro's: I might try on my gray LC. With the TRD Pros and 275/65/18 tires, I don't think I'd get any rubbing. Maybe go to stock tire size too.

275 70 R18's

Actually, there was more rubbing with the aftermarket rims the TRDs replaced. The rubbing was the tire at hard full turns. Other than that wasn't a real problem. It isn't anything I would have worried about for the long term

Got it. I can pick up some TRD Pro's with 275/65 tires for cheap and although they are not my optimal summer/HWY tire, I'd use them until winter. Then, I put on some 285/60's AT tires.

Good to know the 275/65 will work w/out rubbing.

Actually, there was more rubbing with the aftermarket rims the TRDs replaced. The rubbing was the tire at hard full turns. Other than that wasn't a real problem. It isn't anything I would have worried about for the long term

I had a Gamiviti Rack on my 100 and really liked it. Just installed one on my 200 and I am very happy with the results. You can adjust the height for higher or lower. No road noise all the way home from @nakman shop after the install. I really like the grate across the rack as well

r1.JPG
R2.JPG
R3.JPG

No road noise all the way home from @nakman shop after the install.

I agree it's very quiet with the fairing. Adding a light bar in front added a very small amount of wind noise at 70+ but the folding J-bars I use for our kayaks are much worse. I drove home without a fairing though and it was very loud, like the road noise from a set of super swampers, but right by your head. Anyone who buys one for the 200 will want a fairing.

Romer, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for you & your awesome truck - my parents/in-laws still live in Centennial, and I grew up right at Parker & Arapahoe. We're just south in Parker now. That rack is great! Curious to hear if you see any mpg difference after the install.

Romer, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for you & your awesome truck - my parents/in-laws still live in Centennial, and I grew up right at Parker & Arapahoe. We're just south in Parker now. That rack is great! Curious to hear if you see any mpg difference after the install.

I live near Parker and Arapahoe

Come to the Rising Sun Rally next week and I should have an idea about MPG by then

Really glad you're happy Ken, thank you again. and thanks for your patience while we made time to knock this out. Also thanks for letting me drive the 200 around the block! I really gotta get one of these..

your truck is looking sweet also, here are a couple others for you:
IMG_2734.JPG
IMG_2726.JPG
IMG_2728.JPG

Curious to hear if you see any mpg difference after the install.
I haven't noticed any difference, though the majority of my driving is city. I've seen over 17mpg on the highway at 70mph if I reset the mpg calculator and given the lack of noise with the fairing I'm pretty sure most of the air is being deflected over the rack.

I needed to add an always on Aux power and also been meaning to move the Aux fuse Box. There is a fuse box behind the Air Filter and the Blue Sea Fuse box fits nicely on top of it.

View attachment 1235938

I may get a different Aux Output and do something flush mounted. This will be good enough for Moab next month

View attachment 1235939

Where/How did you route the battery cable(s) between the main and aux battery?

Others have routed their cable(s) across the firewall, however you appear to have done something different.

Is there a more direct route around the radiator surround?

Do you have any photos showing your cable route between the main and aux battery?

I lifted the front panel plastic off the front of the engine bay and routed it that way with plenty of separation from the Radiator. That wasnt an option on my 100 series and I had to route it across the firewall

FWIW: I almost routed my wire in front, but then became paranoid when I thought about my accident with my last Land Cruiser (pushed the front end in after running into a cable going across a road). If I had had the wire running up there, would have certainly damaged it, shorting it out. Not concerned about disabling the vehicle, obviously the radiator would be toast, but more concerned about starting an electrical fire. Obviously if you have a bulbar bumper, much less likely to be an issue should you have a frontal impact.

My $0.02.

Installed the IBS Dual Battery setup I had in my 100 with a 200 series Slee 2nd tray. I was trying to decide were to put the Blue Sea Fuse holder and I didn't see why I just couldn't velcro it on top of the battery. I haven't decided if I like that. I may just get rid of the fuse box and use three in line fuses to the positive post on the 2nd battery. I will go in and clean up the wiring, I just wanted to get it installed. I essentially lifted the whole thing without disconnecting more than I had to from the 100 series and laid it in the 200 so some shorter wires and optimization can be done while I clean that up
View attachment 1201544

Hey Ken, did you use two of the same size Odysseys? Which model are they? They look to have fit the Slee kit nicely?

Kurt The batteries are different sizes. I had two Die Hard Platinums in my 100, but they wouldnt fit in the 2nd slot. The don't make Platinums anymore so I got a Odessy for the second tray which I think is a Group 35. I have a Platinum in the primary slot

I had a Gamiviti Rack on my 100 and really liked it. Just installed one on my 200 and I am very happy with the results. You can adjust the height for higher or lower. No road noise all the way home from @nakman shop after the install. I really like the grate across the rack as well

View attachment 1309353 View attachment 1309354 View attachment 1309355
I believe you were the Cruiser I saw driving into DIA a week or so ago. It was great to see a fellow salsa red custom cruiser out there!

Kurt The batteries are different sizes. I had two Die Hard Platinums in my 100, but they wouldnt fit in the 2nd slot. The don't make Platinums anymore so I got a Odessy for the second tray which I think is a Group 35. I have a Platinum in the primary slot
...and I add that your truck looked awesome on the road!

Hey Ken, did you use two of the same size Odysseys? Which model are they? They look to have fit the Slee kit nicely?

FWIW, I have a type 31 main and a type 35 Oddyssy in the Slee tray...working great, including a 1500 watt sine wave inverter powering a 1200 watt microwave and other doodads. Engine running, of course...but still beats lugging around a hondda generator (not to mention paying $1200 for and maintaining one).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom