Third Annual Southeast 70 Series Meet & Greet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The organizers of the event are already planning for next year. We have a couple of questions for those that are considering attending:

1) Any preference on the weekend - September 21-24 or September 28 - October 1?

2) Would you prefer to return to Windrock in Tennessee or meet at another park. If you would prefer a different park, please suggest an alternate park for consideration.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.
Charles, Sam & Peter

Gentlemen,
From my seat in the peanut gallery ...

1) Regarding the date, I would opt for Oct 6-8. Getting into October would help get the gathering away from my anniversary, but hopefully not late enough into October to conflict with 12-15Oct2017 Cruiser Crawl (hosted by CottonLand)
2) Windrock would be my preference. Rausch Creek in PA would be a 2nd choice as far as quality venue (trails with top notch KOA close by).

Thank you for 2 gatherings and the commitment for a 3rd

Last edited:
In an effort to accommodate the most folks, the goal is to pick a meeting place that will be no more than a 8-10 hour drive for the average attendee. Hopefully we can pick a weekend that allows the majority to travel on Thursday and Sunday while allowing two full days for the event. Our goal is to grow this event each year with the growing number of 70 Series in the country and your opinion is valued. :)

Last edited:
Why not try to host the event every time in a different state,the hardcore guys will drive wherever and this makes it more open to the not so much involved 70 series owners.Plus side is also that everybody gets to explore more offroad parks.

Joe

Why not try to host the event every time in a different state,the hardcore guys will drive wherever and this makes it more open to the not so much involved 70 series owners.Plus side is also that everybody gets to explore more offroad parks.

Joe
Certainly doable with the understanding that for the time being this is a "weekend" event (Thursday and Sunday as travel days) and if the travel times are excessive I'm afraid folks will decline to attend.

I know but I got mouths to feed and bills to pay
Well the good news is that we have approximately 11 months to work out the details. :)
Hopefully as the number of 70 Series in the U.S. increases so will the level of interest for a group gathering.

My 74 is still in pieces but hopefully won't be by this time next year.

Don't make your plans around me, but the last weekend of September is the Vermont Overland Rally. Overland Expo East is probably the weekend after that, so the September 21-24th date might be best.

My 74 is still in pieces but hopefully won't be by this time next year.

Don't make your plans around me, but the last weekend of September is the Vermont Overland Rally. Overland Expo East is probably the weekend after that, so the September 21-24th date might be best.
Basically the same weekend as the 2016 event.

I'm contacting folks as we speak to determine the level of interest. I'll hopefully have some more information shortly.

When Peter Brown (@peterb), Sam Houston (@elkaholic) and I first discussed this concept a couple of years ago, the emphasis was on "meet and greet" for an excuse to get together. The orginal event was billed as a "Southeastern 70 Series event" with the gathering to take place over a long weekend. Because the event was basically scheduled to occur over a 3 day period, we chose a park in Nothern Alabama for the first year and Windrock in eastern Tennessee last year.
Our goal then, as it is this year assuming there is adequate interest is to not saddle anyone who wants to attend with a drive that exceeds 8-10 hours. I'm certainly open to all suggestions concerning this years event.

I've got a call in to Peter and I'll be eating dinner Sunday night with Sam so I should have some additional info. shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom