Official 37" and up picture thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yea i only have a little wear on the inside of the wheel well but nothing to bad thankfully, i just have to decide if im going to de-flare it or find a replacement in the classifieds!

Lil' bit smaller 37's these days. Although the stated revolutions per mile are virtually identical so figure that one out.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Test fit the 37/12.5r15 on 15x10 3.5" BS wheels. This maybe my next snow wheeling setup.

You might want to check your tire to flare clearance under full flex or they might do it for you....

especially in the rear hint hint

Na it will be all good.....

Flairs will get an agressive trim.
Great!
Post up results here. I like seeing out side the box stuff. 10" rims normal don't allow stuffed tires...

those of you with 37s and the appropriate gearing in your diffs, are you able to cruise at 60-70mph safely and still lane change or swerve or stop effectively?

Does a 200 count?

image-jpeg.1307636

those of you with 37s and the appropriate gearing in your diffs, are you able to cruise at 60-70mph safely and still lane change or swerve or stop effectively?
I'm confident to travel at higher speeds down the road with 37s. Most important thing of confidence for me is having the sway bars ON. Braking is effected from of course from 33s or 35s, but not unsafe.

I run 5.29s and cruise 70 to 85 mph no problem, I can lock up the brakes also no problem on 37s, I also don't run the front sway, use castor correction plates.
You wrote that you have 529s.... I'm on the fence of 488 & 529. Will you please give me flat & locked converter rpm at 60 & 70 in Drive & OD.

Thanks

Gary

I live in rocky mtns, with 5.29s low is awesome now and driving hwy at altitude is good also I wouldn't want 4.88s but that is me, 1fzfe like all toyotaengines are meant to rev so that's how I drive it , I'll run 3000 to 4000 climbing passes here

Gearing has nothing to do with lateral stability while turning or making evasive maneuvers. I run both sway bars, and I am very comfortable with my ability to control the truck while making such maneuvers. I am running 37s over 4.88s and my speedo is within 1 or 2 mph of true speed between 50 and 75 mph. I frequently wheel with a whole fleet of 80s on 37s. Some have no sway bars, some have one, some have both. We have all learned to tailor our driving styles to the ability of the rig. The taller it is, the more you need to drive it like a big truck. Because it is.

Gearing has nothing to do with lateral stability while turning or making evasive maneuvers. I run both sway bars, and I am very comfortable with my ability to control the truck while making such maneuvers. I am running 37s over 4.88s and my speedo is within 1 or 2 mph of true speed between 50 and 75 mph. I frequently wheel with a whole fleet of 80s on 37s. Some have no sway bars, some have one, some have both. We have all learned to tailor our driving styles to the ability of the rig. The taller it is, the more you need to drive it like a big truck. Because it is.
Very true. Although not 37's yet, 35's and no front sway bar I just my truck as I know it.

I am running 37s over 4.88s and my speedo is within 1 or 2 mph of true speed between 50 and 75 mph.

Because in theory, at least on paper, 37's should be matched with a 4.81 gear ratio. The closest one is, of course, 4.88. You are very slightly over with 4.88 whig not a bad thing at all.
This will keep the engine and tranny with the designed spec by Toyota, in terms of efficient engine power band, fuel economy, torque converter lock up.

4.88 with 37's compared to stock gearing looks good on paper. Factor in the added unsprung weight of larger wheels and tires, and you'll appreciate going with 5.29 more. RPMS at highway speed with 5.29, is not bad at all.

I originally bought the rig with 488s over 315s. I think that is pretty close to 37s over 5.29. IF I was starting from scratch, I might have gone with the 5.29s as I want to be able to pull a trailer occasionally, but it is not enough difference to make the change now. John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom