Trakka pop top for troop carriers in the USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,
I have created some contacts with Trakka in Australia. Though they do not normally do something like this, they are willing to send me complete roof assemblies ready to install on 75 series land cruiser troop carrier. I will be getting a rundown on price next week. Who would be interested on a pop top for their troopy here in the USA?
trakka 2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0285.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_0286.jpg

Their design is slick, keeps an awesome line on the rig and is light.

I would if I had a 75series, seen one of these one Vancouver Island and was so impressed by the quality....the couple had traveled the world with that topper..;);)

That would be pretty sweet! What do they look like on the inside?

That would be pretty sweet! What do they look like on the inside?

you can build the inside however you wish but it allows you to have a set up to walk right into the the rig with the top up, once ready for bed you extend the bed if its the older models... the new model the bed might just have to be brought down as the roof opens up really tall and it allows the bedding to go up with struts as well

_MG_5997b.jpg
_MG_5996b.jpg
images.jpg

Will they be willing to ship to ZA ?
Im sure we can figure something out for you.I'm doing the shipping not them. they are selling me complete units ready to install and i'm sure we can send one your way

We used a Trakka 75 series as a back up vehicle on a bike run . Had some fun with 5 big guys sitting in there trying to make sandwiches for lunch while the rain bucketed down for 2 hours.
A good RTT would give you many of the benefits of a Trakka set up. Those little kitchens look cute ,but actual meal preparation in one sucks.
Having a fridge slide at the rear and a fold up table with an annexe on the side works the best.

We used a Trakka 75 series as a back up vehicle on a bike run . Had some fun with 5 big guys sitting in there trying to make sandwiches for lunch while the rain bucketed down for 2 hours.
A good RTT would give you many of the benefits of a Trakka set up. Those little kitchens look cute ,but actual meal preparation in one sucks.
Having a fridge slide at the rear and a fold up table with an annexe on the side works the best.

hahah you are talking about 5 guys in the back of a troopy. Most people here use it for single rider or a couple. I find the benefits of not having to step outside if i don't want to in bad weather really nice. I enjoy standing inside and being able to change and access things with ease at night. In my opinion a Roof top tent is just a place to go up at night and sleep. you can't stand inside a RTT or make a complete meal, or change not laying down, or sit confy and play cards at night with out being all over your stuff. My wife thinks Is nice not walking down a ladder as well in the middle of the night. I also enjoy setting up shop in about the 5 seconds it takes me to lift the roof. and pack up in about the 15 seconds it takes to slide bed in and put roof down. Of course if you are camping and is nice outside you don't "need" the inside but then at that point who needs a roof top tent... or a tent at all? pad and sleeping bag will do. I do agree with you that cooking out of the back is much nicer but having used a RTT before, the inside space the troopy with a trakka offers to me beats the RTT hands down.

Last edited:
Welcome back Mr Martin, !

Now show us what your Troopy currently looks like on your thread ! :p

Last edited:
hahah you are talking about 5 guys in the back of a troopy. Most people here use it for single rider or a couple.

No I'm not talking about 5 guys,Im talking about what the owner told me when he travels with his wife. In any case ,they all have their adavantages/disadavantages.

Welcome back Mr Martin, !

Now show us what your Troopy currently looks like on your thread ! :p

Me? What do you want to see? The new windscreen wipers blades or the new Indonesian all terrains?: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom