80 Series Factory Bumper Swing Out DIY Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will this work for the LX too? Bumper looks a lil diffrent than mine

I haven't ever installed one on an LX, but the bumper crossmember cover would need to be trimmed to allow for the latch plate. As far as I can tell that is the only thing drastically different.

2nd batch is finally up for grabs. Pm me to check availability before sending deposit.

Who in the Portland Oregon area can weld this for me????

Can it be welded up in a way that would position the spare closer to the center so that sight of rear tail light is not obstructed in any way?

Can it be welded up in a way that would position the spare closer to the center so that sight of rear tail light is not obstructed in any way?

Yes. As it is a kit, the pieces do not come welded together except for the arm. Where the tire is placed vertically is up to you.

Last edited:
I would like to be included in the next batch.

Hey Patrick- just PM'd you. I'm not going to have time in the foreseeable future to install my passenger-side swingout kit. I'm happy to send mine along to any mudder who would like it for my cost. PM me with any questions.

Can your kit support a 37" tire?

Can your kit support a 37" tire?

Yes that should not be a problem. The only thing I would change would be the upright. If it is an inch taller it would not lose any of the departure clearance and take up very little rear window space over a 35" tire.

I'm looking to be in for the next round. Will be watching!

Last edited:
Have you thought of making one for the 100 series? I would definitely be interested if you ever do. I don't need the weight of the aftermarket heavy duty bumpers.

Have you thought of making one for the 100 series? I would definitely be interested if you ever do. I don't need the weight of the aftermarket heavy duty bumpers.

I've briefly looked at doing one for a 100, but the rear bumper is one piece instead of the wings like the 80 series have so it would require cutting the factory bumper into sections.

I've briefly looked at doing one for a 100, but the rear bumper is one piece instead of the wings like the 80 series have so it would require cutting the factory bumper into sections.

Oh dang. Thanks for the quick reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom