200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the first picture didn't stick.

20160829_160318.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Recently acquired 99 with the dial. Just installed 2014 Tundra wheels. No spacers needed. Just flattened the dust covers and ground down the inside of the cap a bit.

View attachment 1319414 View attachment 1319413 Recently acquired 99 with the dial. Just installed 2014 Tundra wheels. No spacers needed. Just flattened the dust covers and ground down the inside of the cap a bit.
Nice I have the same wheels. Someone on the 200 section had them powder coated black and they used the TRD caps to make perfect TRD Pro Clone wheels.
I bought mine for a whopping $600 with only a few miles on the tires. Thanks Tundra Owners!

It's my understanding, 18's will offer better on road performance vs 16's. I.E. high speed turns and in evasive maneuvering.This is due to less side wall and different side wall construction. 18's are more expensive in cost because of this. I found this to be true when I switched from 16's to 18's.
Confirmed!

Nice I have the same wheels. Someone on the 200 section had them powder coated black and they used the TRD caps to make perfect TRD Pro Clone wheels.
I bought mine for a whopping $600 with only a few miles on the tires. Thanks Tundra Owners!

Painting them Black and adding the TRD logos is my plan when I go bigger on the tires and a lift. Got mine too for 6 bills.

Look @Romer 's wheels. He took a set just like these and had them powder coated all black and then added the TRD hub caps. Very sharp. Yours look good as is with that shiny black paint!

I have a pair of steel tundra wheels on craigslist. No bites even after two months - I will sell them cheap just to move them on down the line. According to the previous wheels have around 5k total on them.

IMG_7084.JPG

I found a set of the black and silver 2014 TRDs and I was wondering if they would fit my 2006 LC without spacers? I called a local dealership and they told me i needed spacers to make them fit cause the 100 is a 35mm and the TRDs are 60mm. The person selling the rims say they will work so it has me scratching my head.

Thanks!

I found a set of the black and silver 2014 TRDs and I was wondering if they would fit my 2006 LC without spacers? I called a local dealership and they told me i needed spacers to make them fit cause the 100 is a 35mm and the TRDs are 60mm. The person selling the rims say they will work so it has me scratching my head.

Thanks!

The only issue I am aware of is the front center caps will not fit without some modifications. On my post above #242, the front center caps fit just fine after flattening out the dust cap and grinding out a little of the inside of the cap.

I have a pair of steel tundra wheels on craigslist. No bites even after two months - I will sell them cheap just to move them on down the line. According to the previous wheels have around 5k total on them.

View attachment 1320700
Just curious, why are you getting rid of them? Too heavy?

I have 20'a with 275/55 Michelins.

Yes, they are new tires and for sale.

Currently seeking 16" stock or custom wheels.

I'll post them in Classifieds later.

Last edited:
View attachment 1319414 View attachment 1319413 Recently acquired 99 with the dial. Just installed 2014 Tundra wheels. No spacers needed. Just flattened the dust covers and ground down the inside of the cap a bit.

Looks great with the all blacked out bumpers, trim, and wheels! Are those the ebay spyder LED tails? I've been thinking of getting either '06-'07 LC or LX LED's for my '03, but wasn't sure of the quality of the aftermarket ones.

IMG_3682.JPG
G was telling me about this! I'll have to stop by and see it someday!
Sure, stop by any eve. Just installed TRD center caps. Need bigger tires and a lift to make them less poserish as G mentioned.

2014 TRDs installed on 275/70 Duratracs. I will be modding the center caps to get those installed this weekend. Thank You to Summit Cruisers for the pics and info on how to make that mod happen. I got about another 3 months on these tires then moving up to the STT Pros.

When you say 'had refinished' do you mean you cleaned them up a bit, or did you pay someone to 'professionaly' refinish them? I just bought a set for cheap as well, but I need to clean them up and make 'em presentable.

"Refinished" as in brought them to my bodyshop, had them media blasted and repainted. In hindsight I wish they were darker so I've been going back and forth on having them redone this winter while my 16s and snowies are mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom