Used/Reman Transmission Options on 2000 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Longtime reader of site, first post. My 2000 Lexus LX470 transmission is done and needs to be replaced. I have 304,000 miles on the dash with original engine and transmission. Main issues I have had would be replaced front diff, steering rack and pinion, and changed out engine compartment fuse box. I got it with 170k miles. Been my daily driver, not off-roaded heavily.

What are my best options to replace the transmission? I am located near Austin, Tx but have no problem ordering the part and getting it installed. Just wondering cost, best warranty, websites and or places to get the part from, and what others have done in this situation. Any input would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

I saw reman units at some online toyota parts dept. for under 2500. But if the 1800 was installed and warranty for parts/labor then I would take my chances with that.

I saw reman units at some online toyota parts dept. for under 2500. But if the 1800 was installed and warranty for parts/labor then I would take my chances with that.
Could you post a link to the online Toyota parts dept you saw the reman units at? Thx

To clarify my earlier post.

I had torque converter vibration issues that I had filed under a 3rd party warranty at Lexus of Austin.

Because I was working with a 3rd party warranty service they covered the $1800 Reman from ETE. An alternative required that I cover the $2200 difference to obtain a Toyota- manufacturer transmission (~$4000) which was quoted at Lexus of Austin (I don't have the part number, sorry)

I opted for the $1800 ETE Reman instead.

I believe the work was about $1200 for the replacement labor. Lexus of Austin does not cover 3rd party parts but I am covered under the REMAN and 3rd party warranty.

Best of luck and let me know if you need any further info.

Thanks everyone for the help. Ended up getting a toyota reman transmission installed. With parts, labor, and some discounts I paid 3150.

There's always this as a budget-buster option, but I'd add in the torque converter lockup kit if I was going to spend that kind of money.

tran8.jpg

West Coast Cruisers
A343F fully reconditioned transmission by Wholesale Automatic Transmission of Australia, with fully reconditioned Torque Convertor and Heavy Duty Stage 1 Nomad valve body assembly. US late 95' - 97 FJZ80, UZJ100 98'-02'. Price does not reflex core charge and shipping

$6,100.00 USD

Bumping this.

Was just quoted $7K for an installed remaned transmission...comes with 3 year/100k mile warranty. Factory Toyota trans is $8k installed, w/1 year warranty.

Are these prices fair?

The reman price is high there is a huge price difference between reman and from Toyota pricing.

Last time I was quoted both it was around 3k difference.

Where is the reman from? And who's warranty is it?
I would get another quote .

The reman price is high there is a huge price difference between reman and from Toyota pricing.

Last time I was quoted both it was around 3k difference.

Where is the reman from? And who's warranty is it?
I would get another quote .

Well, living in Santa Barbara, everything here seems to be 15-20% above the national average.

Only laugh of the conversation was the shop sourced me a "used" transmission, which actually had more miles that mine when it blew up (120k).

Fair enough on the Cali mark up.

The 3 year warranty sounds like an ETE Reman:

Which has national distribution for reman transmissions.

I ended up getting a ete through a warranty program and if I remember correctly it was about $1500 (paid for ). When I asked for a Toyota sourced trans it was like $4500 ($3k out of pocket)

I kept my money and went reman. Went off-road more than a handful of times and had no issues since.

Just make sure you know what your getting and make sure the shop is in line with others. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom