Best rear cargo mat with 3rd row seats removed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I guess the subject sez it all...
(I was looking at WeatherTech, which has a version for 100-series with 3rd row seats removed, but apparently NOT for 200-series).

I've got the weather tech for my 200, fits perfectly. Has a flush floor - no holes - which you have to actually cut out if you want to use your 3rd row. But with the seats removed, you have a fully lined cargo area. It doesn't, however, account for the 3rd row seat mounting points, so those will be somewhat exposed albeit above the floor itself, e.g. you don't need a floor mat for those areas.

Kevin, when you get a chance could you take a picture? I'm having a difficult time envisioning how their generic cargo area mat will provide great coverage of the area behind the 2nd row with the 3rd row removed. None of their pics on their website are with a Land Cruiser. Thanks.

Not my best photos but hope this helps? Looking at this angle I realize it is not 'full coversge' at all!

20160831_204843.jpg

20160831_204850.jpg

20160831_204853.jpg

20160831_204902.jpg

Kevin, thanks for posting those pics; it does give me a better idea exactly how much area is left exposed with the WT designed for use with 3rd row seats.
So back to original question: anyone had any success with a (probably generic) mat that fits our 200's with seats removed??

200cargomat.jpg

After a lot of digging, I found this OEM Toyota mat on ebay. Listed as 2012+ GX model, which is the 5 seater in other markets. The problem is, it seems as though the wheel wells in the cargo area are opposite of ours, Im guessing its because this is for a RHD model (this one in Australia). Compared to the cargo area of the US 200, it looks opposite. Ive tried finding one for the LHD models, but no luck yet.

EDIT-AFter looking again, I think this is the right mat.

Last edited:
Here's a another option - custom made indoor/outdoor carpet from a hardware store:

Cargo protection

May not be perfectly waterproof like WT but does give a custom fit option.

Also, having seen this commercial on Velocity network (or similar) perhaps there's something similar to Garage Flooring and shop flooring - RaceDeck Garage Floors that might be worth looking into? I couldn't tell how easy, if at all, these panels were to trim for curves/corners but if not them, maybe something along these lines might be worth looking into. (not an endorsement, I've never used this product, just thinking outside the box)

Not my best photos but hope this helps? Looking at this angle I realize it is not 'full coversge' at all!

Yes, Kevin, thanks for the pics. Very helpful. I have some outdoor carpet from Lowes that I am going to cut to fit like on of the other forum members. I have a simplistic, DIY approaches to "drawers" that I'll be putting on top of it. So it will work fine. I also lay down one of those cushioning mats that you can get on Amazon and elsewhere that go on the roof of a car when you have a car top luggage carrier. They provide a bit of padding and are someone non-slip. That helps keep things from sliding around.

Part number PZQ2060420

For the OEM Toyota 5 seater cargo mat

89cruiserfj62, did you find one of those I can buy without a quick trip down to Australia ??

Yes, Kevin, thanks for the pics. Very helpful. I have some outdoor carpet from Lowes that I am going to cut to fit like on of the other forum members. I have a simplistic, DIY approaches to "drawers" that I'll be putting on top of it. So it will work fine. I also lay down one of those cushioning mats that you can get on Amazon and elsewhere that go on the roof of a car when you have a car top luggage carrier. They provide a bit of padding and are someone non-slip. That helps keep things from sliding around.

That was me... Outdoor carpet from Home Depot or Lowes... About $15...cut to size and stuffed under the plastic side wall material. Works a charm!

On the other hand... The BEST cargo cover? ARB Drawers! ;)

89cruiserfj62, did you find one of those I can buy without a quick trip down to Australia ??
That place doesnt ship out of the country, but take the part number and google it and see if you can find another place that does. Shipping will probably be $100

That was me... Outdoor carpet from Home Depot or Lowes... About $15...cut to size and stuffed under the plastic side wall material. Works a charm!

On the other hand... The BEST cargo cover? ARB Drawers! ;)

Just installed the Lowe's carpet today. Worked out great. And here is a pic of my fancy DRH storage drawers. (I built these for my LR4 and they worked well because I can stack them on one side so I can sleep on the other or I can easily lift them out if I need the space. Not as elegant or secure as ARB but they'll work for now.)

IMG_0480 (1).jpg

Just installed the Lowe's carpet today. Worked out great. And here is a pic of my fancy DRH storage drawers. (I built these for my LR4 and they worked well because I can stack them on one side so I can sleep on the other or I can easily lift them out if I need the space. Not as elegant or secure as ARB but they'll work for now.)

View attachment 1315293

Whatever works! :) The big things for me & the ARB drawers are... Security (like you said) for locking camera gear, firearms,etc. ...Second biggie is that it makes a great sleep surface using a blow-up mattress with 2nd row seats folded down. Really works a charm. You can either fold down right or left seat only and stack gear on other side while catching Z's...or fold both down and two can snooze back there.

But anyway... -Nice work on the carpet thing! I cut mine with extra on the outer area so I could cram it under the side walls with a flat-head screw driver. Stays on really well (until drawers went in last month).

Last edited:
I hear ya. I may go that route one of these days. I just didn't want to do something permanent until I had played with how we are going to use it for a while. And I had these laying around from my LR4. (I'm going to PM you about camera gear.)

Carpet solution looks good for dirt & wear & tear, but I'm looking for liquid spill protection: need some kind of rubber mat with raised sides; anybody using a solution of that kind in a 5-seat config?

89cruiserfj62, I saw your post from back in Feb and figure you and I have similar goals; what do you currently have in the rear of your 08 200-series?

I DID find an Australian supplier that was:
a) willing to ship to US (you were close on shipping ($108 AU: slightly more than cost of mat!!), and
b) sez it fits 2007-2015

RUBBER CARGO MATS TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 200 SERIES 2007-2015 NEW GENUINE GX Only - Toyota

Note: their pic looks different than the one you posted above; I actually like it more (LC logo on left). My only concern at this point (other than price!) is whether there's any significant difference with the AU model that would affect the fit??

Ok, one full year after starting this thread I FINALLY have my solution: kudos to @89cruiserfj62 for the pic of the mat for the 5-seat LC200 in Australia. I spent 8 months sending emails and posting on websites trying to 1) get someone in Australia to confirm the fit for our US models (waste of time) and 2) getting ANYONE to agree to ship me one to the US after I was 95% sure it would fit. None of the AU eBayers (including Toyota dealers with eBay presence) were any use (all said "Can't ship to US").

I finally got out my international calling card and starting random calling dealers one Sunday night (Mon am in AU) and eventually got Matthew Wright, a "Parts Interpreter" with Sydney City Toyota to agree to ship me the PZQ20-60420 mat for AU$102 + AU$120 for shipping (total = US$183.50). It showed up 6 days later and I was very pleased to see that it fit our LC200's perfectly!

I've attached pics showing:
  1. After removal of OEM mat & 3rd row seats (including all hardware & seat belts)
  2. After install of PZQ20-60420 mat
  3. Left & Right rear closeups showing fit of mat
Let me know if y'all have any ?'s...
AfterSeatRemoval.jpg
AfterMatInstall.jpg
LeftSide.jpg
RightSide.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom