just got me a FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi all,

just got a 1987 FJ60 and can't wait to get it. I have never bought a truck sight unseen but the pics looked good and spoke with the guy (Javier's Autos Unlimited9443 Clay RoadHouston, TX 77080-1445(713) 461-5595) that did the work on it he said it was a great 60 so I pulled the trigger. I was gonna have it shipped to me in South Carolina but thought about it and decided I could use a couple days in New Orleans, so the wife and I are going to fly to Houston and drive it back.

I am so excited I just had to tell all y'all. can't wait to keep up with what everyone is doing to their rides and maybe do some upgrades to mine.

thanks for reading,
Ashby

P.S. pics to follow :)

lol...no pics yet....I'm going to get it this Sunday will probably post way to many after that :)

See here I go already....will any 7" round headlights fit these FJ60's? I've been looking at doing LED's after I get it

Last edited:
Nice! I'd trust Javier too. Hopefully it's a good one. Where was it listed?

It's hot AF here in H-town right now, be prepared for that. Good luck on the journey!

I found it on eBay...lol not sure the heat is what I'm looking for but it is close to New Orleans so I'll make do :)

is there a weekly paper that list things to do?

what would you suggest to do??

anything we shouldn't miss? and last but not least who has the best tamales? we'll only be there Sunday and Monday

Thanks in advance

See here I go already....will any 7" round headlights fight these FJ60's? I've been looking at doing LED's after I get it

Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply for some H4 Cibie replacements and the wiring to handle it or for the best LED option right now is https://www.amazon.com/JW-Speaker-8...qid=1470690632&sr=8-1&keywords=jw+speaker+led

Then there is always the real xenon kits which run like $1500. Daniel Stern will steer you in whatever direction you want, he is extremely knowledgeable.

Congrats man! Your enthusiasm is contagious. I haven't seen your 60, but it might be a good idea to bring some basic tools along for the drive. You just never know. It's part of the adventure though.

Go to the WWII Museum while you're in Nawlins... It's incredible. But don't cheap out, add the 4D movie. It's the best.

Welcome to Mud!

Congrats man! Your enthusiasm is contagious. I haven't seen your 60, but it might be a good idea to bring some basic tools along for the drive. You just never know. It's part of the adventure though.

Go to the WWII Museum while you're in Nawlins... It's incredible. But don't cheap out, add the 4D movie. It's the best.

Welcome to Mud!

yes we went to the WWII museum a couple years and loved it....well as I said I spoke with Javier and he just rebuilt just about everything including the engine and put in a new 5 speed also rebuilt the transfer case...it has less than 1k miles since he did the work so crossing fingers it'll make the ride. I'm sure i'll put a hurting on the ac :)

You buy the white one, brown interior and 5 spd. Been for sale a few times on Ebay? If thats it, Javier did a lot of mechanical, engine rebuild and drive train. Has tundra calipers on front i think, so some spacers up there. Think most of the lights are LED already. Javier has done work for me and its top quality. I'm in Houston so if you need to tighten up anything before the drive home... WWII museum and any kind of music you can find!

congrats

Great job, congrats! I flew from NY to NM and drove mine back, no issues... And it hasn't even been touched by a mechanic prior to me picking it up. Didn't even have brakes but made it home ok. Good luck and let's see some pics.

You buy the white one, brown interior and 5 spd. Been for sale a few times on Ebay? If thats it, Javier did a lot of mechanical, engine rebuild and drive train. Has tundra calipers on front i think, so some spacers up there. Think most of the lights are LED already. Javier has done work for me and its top quality. I'm in Houston so if you need to tighten up anything before the drive home... WWII museum and any kind of music you can find!

congrats

yes that's the 1, Javier said the guy put lots of cash into it and seems he couldn't drive a manual and that was his reason for selling. I may have paid little much but he said he did close to 15-16k worth of work on it and it was a great truck. that what swayed my decision.

thanks on the Things to do in NOLA we been there few times, I was wondering about Houston never been there before :)

Man I can't wait to see some pics of this 60... It sounds amazing! When you're in Houston, check out a Astros game if they are in town. Then go check out Space a enter Houston/NASA. It's cool, especially if you're a space nerd. After that, head down to Galveston and go to Pleasure Pier... It's a boardwalk amusement park and a cool backdrop for your first family portrait with the new Land Cruiser!

When you get it, look up the TLCA club in your area, Low Country Land Cruisers. There's a bunch of fellow cruiserheads in and around Charleston:

SC- Low Country Land Cruisers

Did you pick up the truck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom