What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking good!!

Its probably the camera angle, but your front wheels look toed-out.

It is the camera angle, alignment was done last month :beer:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Made some more progress today.

44 lives again!!

Hanging the harness, two days ago, was more debilitating than I thought... I had to take yesterday off.

Today, I finished hooking all the oem stuff up and checking it all three times... labeling the heater-related plugs that are no longer used.

Once I was sure it was all hooked up correctly, I started 44, using the new electric fuel pumps that I was preparing to hook up when I melted my WL and W wires.

She started right up and ran fine on both tanks... the ammeter and the voltage regulator work fine... so, the only damage was a little damage to the wiring (that @Coolerman helped me replace) and a lot of damage to my ego!!

I still need to hook up my tach and the Oil Pressure Safety Switch and Relay (the switch is installed, just not yet wired)... I also ordered some new (better) toggle switches... I'll replace all my accessory switches as soon as they arrive.

So... 44 lives again!!

Last edited:
Good deal Danny! Just consider your wiring experience as another chapter in the school of hard knocks. Nothing to get too worried about as we've all been there at some point.

So you're having to go under the knife? (had family reunion last weekend, and have been really struggling to catch up with Mud and e-mails since then) Back surgery is nothing to sneeze about, but it sure can improve your life afterward though, as I've been through that.

Don

Good deal Danny! Just consider your wiring experience as another chapter in the school of hard knocks. Nothing to get too worried about as we've all been there at some point.

So you're having to go under the knife? (had family reunion last weekend, and have been really struggling to catch up with Mud and e-mails since then) Back surgery is nothing to sneeze about, but it sure can improve your life afterward though, as I've been through that.

Don

I'm hoping so, Don!!

I can't believe how trivial the actual procedure has become !!

Finished my Dakota Digital install and swapped the dead Delco Remy alternator for a 55 amp OEM.

Well I was able to get the transmission and transfer case back in before the rain started .it was a little bit of a fight I scared my self at first it looked like the the clutch disc splines were not going to line up with the transmission splines.but after getting some light on it I was able to turn the pressure plate And line things up.but then I did something stupid and while I was wiggling the transmission to try and make it slide in I hit it with the palm of my hand and now it's swollen..i will have a few pictures when the rain stops

Last edited:
I finally got up the nerve to put the gromets on my Trollhole soft top after dragging my feet for a few months. Putting holes in a new top made my gonads crawl up into my stomach. It was kinda like getting 8 shots (one for each gromet), I did it "quickly" and got it over with. Everything turned out ok, thank goodness!
20160820_125536.jpg
20160820_125600.jpg

Took the roof off to glue back the drooping headliner. Wow, it was so easy with the roof laying down. One banana job.

Unfortunately, as you can see, the roof gutter is pretty rusty. Any recommendation? I'm not ready to weld on new ones. Here's a dumb thought: How about brushing on some POR-15?

IMG_9339.JPG

Last edited:
Just went through the same thing. Try a wire wheel on a drill to remove rust to see what you got. After that routine, I used a rust converter and plan to use some type of sealer to level out the low places before using the gasket for the top. I'm just wingin' it, havent put the top on yet.
003.JPG

Just went through the same thing. Try a wire wheel on a drill to remove rust to see what you got. After that routine, I used a rust converter and plan to use some type of sealer to level out the low places before using the gasket for the top. I'm just wingin' it, havent put the top on yet.View attachment 1310046
That looks pretty darn good for wingin' it!

Forgot to mention, I had indoor outdoor carpet for a head liner. I removed all of that and coated the roof with an elastomeric(?) roof compound made for fiberglass/ aluminum that i bought at the local RV center. Yea, I know , redneck but that's the way I seem to do things lately.:hillbilly:

Last edited:
Took the roof off to glue back the drooping headliner. Wow, it was so easy with the roof laying down. One banana job.

Unfortunately, as you can see, the roof gutter is pretty rusty. Any recommendation? I'm not ready to weld on new ones. Here's a dumb thought: How about brushing on some POR-15?

View attachment 1309977

I want some of that camo paint, that stuff is awesome can't see the top at all. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom