200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

17" TRD RW wheels + 285/75r17 (34") Toyo AT2 "Xtreme" tires + 1.25" spacers
2.5" Lift + 1" BL
DSC07233Small.jpg

Last edited:
63d2eeb4-f470-497c-abd8-7309b058f9fd

'07 LC with AHC and AVS. Stock suspension. 275/70R18 BFG AT KO2 (33.2" per miata.net) on 18" Tundra takeoffs.

The center caps in the rear fit just fine without modification. For the front I took the Dremel and cut out a hole for the oil cap, and also had to whittle away the five "struts" in between the lug nuts on the inside of the center cap. This last modification is probably what the poster earlier in the thread was missing, the poster who had cut the hole but couldn't get 'em to fit.

18" OEM rims..
image-XL.jpg

I was looking for smaller tires on purpose but sincerely I think I when a little to far, I just feel for them because they were very new, well reviewed, quiet and ridiculously cheap....

Thought I had added mine here but guess not so I will contribute. Nothing new except maybe the tire size. 305/65 KO2's. Currently have JD 1.25 spacers. I've been having balancing issues even after a road force balance from Discount. They question the spacers which I know are fine and have re-installed twice to make sure. So as an experiment I ordered Slee's spacers this week to be hub-centric in front to strengthen my case. We shall see.

Side note: wife approved removal of running boards! Tomorrow may be the day.

20160610_190435.jpg
20160610_190446.jpg
20160610_190502.jpg
20160610_190516.jpg
20160610_190607.jpg

Spacers..??

I was sure (from the little I read) they were direct replacement, same offset and everything..

In any case our truck rides great, no noises, no dragging, nothing..

My JD spacers caused a vibration in the steering wheel also.

Thought I had added mine here but guess not so I will contribute. Nothing new except maybe the tire size. 305/65 KO2's. Currently have JD 1.25 spacers. I've been having balancing issues even after a road force balance from Discount. They question the spacers which I know are fine and have re-installed twice to make sure. So as an experiment I ordered Slee's spacers this week to be hub-centric in front to strengthen my case. We shall see.

Side note: wife approved removal of running boards! Tomorrow may be the day.

View attachment 1309414 View attachment 1309415 View attachment 1309416 View attachment 1309417 View attachment 1309418

My JD spacers caused a vibration in the steering wheel also.

That's good to know. My steering wheel doesn't vibrate but wobbles/pulses here and there. I've had them balanced 3 times and every time Discount said they were out of balance. If Spidertrax spacers don't do the trick I may go down to the standard 285/70 or try some Coopers in the 305.

Spacers..??

I was sure (from the little I read) they were direct replacement, same offset and everything..

In any case our truck rides great, no noises, no dragging, nothing..

Rears fit without spacers but fronts do not. The bore of the wheel tappers slightly smaller so the last few mm wouldn't go over the hub. To be able to use the TRD flat center cap at least a 1" spacer is necessary. A 10mm slip on works but alternate cap is needed or roll with none.

Rears fit without spacers but fronts do not. The bore of the wheel tappers slightly smaller so the last few mm wouldn't go over the hub. To be able to use the TRD flat center cap at least a 1" spacer is necessary. A 10mm slip on works but alternate cap is needed or roll with none.
Wow, I'm glad I found this posting..

I install them two weeks ago (very "carefully" and by hand because I did not have a 22mm socket at the time) and besides the hub covers not fitting the wheels have not fall off, I check them in the morning and install the "Big wheels" Until I get the spacers..

Thanks for responding to my question, what a dummy I'm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom