What happened to Slee's nice foldable off-road jack stand? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The one in this link. I really like the idea and if they're in production I want a set.

slee said:
We do not have a price yet. We are working to make it as affordable as possible, but steel prices keep going up and there are quite a few porcessed involved in making it.

We got tired of searching campgrounds for jack stands at events. People do not want to take a jackstand with when they go on trips due to size and the awkward shape to pack. We figured if we make is compact it might be a good seller.

Sounds like it never went into production.

Not a big enough company to cover liability I expect. If a vehicle were to come down,
no matter the cause, someone will want to sue. My take anyways. It is cool, sure would be handy.

Slee.

I love to find companies with a consisted R&D liniage, many times concept never become products because the margin of safety is codependent on the environment and condition, you need to take responsibility as user and have the skill and experience to spot the posible shortcomings and risk involve.

Massive respect from trying

Not a big enough company to cover liability I expect. If a vehicle were to come down,
no matter the cause, someone will want to sue. My take anyways. It is cool, sure would be handy.

All they have to say is that it's off road equipment and use at your own risk. Just with fancier words and they're no longer liable. Marlin and others do it all the time with products they sell for off roading.

All they have to say is that it's off road equipment and use at your own risk. Just with fancier words and they're no longer liable. Marlin and others do it all the time with products they sell for off roading.

Exactly. They'd have to **** up WILDLY before there was any chance that the indemnification wouldn't hold water. They'd have to like make it out of cardboard or something. And I don't think Slee is in the business of making bad products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom