200 Series Lift using Tundra front IFS and Icon shocks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the proper rear upgrade would be a tundra rear axle fabricated to fit? Reason I ask is because spacers tend to add rotating mass, and going axle without spacers could reduce that. Just curious.

Yes, fabricating a Tundra axle to fit would be nice, but the bracketry involved would be expensive. Additionally, the LC axle housing has a much stronger center area. Here is a rear wheel bearing (left) and prototype spacer. The spacer bolts between the end of the axle housing and the backing plate/bearing/caliper/brake assembly.
image.jpg

Last edited:
What wheel spacer were you running in the rear? Show us your new wheel BBS and tire setup.

Only one cell phone pic so far. washed truck today, so i'll get better pics this afternoon.
I still have the spacers I used for my tundra, just haven't put them on yet. They were ebay specials, 1.25" I belive.
IMG_1465.JPG

Only one cell phone pic so far. washed truck today, so i'll get better pics this afternoon.
I still have the spacers I used for my tundra, just haven't put them on yet. They were ebay specials, 1.25" I belive. View attachment 1424785

They look great. May I ask: do they rub?

Wow - those look good ! 20's are the old 18's....

The rubbed on the front little flap. I took those off, and added a couple screws to the wheel well liners to pull it forward an inch or so.
The left still has a rub under compression. Haven't had a chance to see where yet.
I'm upset with the alignment shop, as they have not been using the SPC arm adjustability to move the wheels forward to keep the tires off the body mount. Friday afternoon I had to take in my 32 mm socket and use a breaker bar and cheater to loosen the nut on the SPC uppers. They obviously haven't moved them during the last two alignments. It was OK with the 34s, but with the 35s I had to have them pushed up. (Rant over)

I may still crank up the front a little more and take it to Camelback toyota. I think there guys are better suited to align it right. They work on quite a few cruisers.

Last edited:
I can't say enough about how quiet the ridge grapplers are. I never heard the wind going through the towing mirrors until now. They are smooth as glass too.
I can tell the wheels/ tires are heavier.
Glad i have great brakes to keep these things from rolling away.

I still have the spacers I used for my tundra, just haven't put them on yet. They were ebay specials, 1.25" I belive. View attachment 1424785
I'm not a flashy guy, but man, that looks great! I saw you were selling your last wheel/tire combo, and was wondering what you where doing. Very nicely done with the BBS wheels from a tundra. I had the 17" version of those, and they can take an absolute beating from rocks for years and never fail.

If someone put a kit out there available for purchase, I am sure they would have quite a few people getting in on it... I am in search of parts now but don't really have time to Cruise the web to find deals. I too have a Salsa Red LC and this post definitely spiked my interest.

Last edited:
Thank you wtmtnterror.

Carl at Just Diff's has all the parts avail and can mix up any Stage Icon Kit for ya...... one click order....

E

The pocket on the LCA where the swaybar linkage goes in, gets compressed when you torque on the mounting bolt. opening that back up enough was a bear. NOTE to anyone thinking about this swap...invest in a "porta-power" tool. It will be invaluable during this process.

to get the linkage to line up took a 4' prybar with cheater, small pry bar C-clamp and 3/8 drive extension all working in unison...View attachment 1119186

Once the sway bar linkages were in, I swapped the Tie rod ends and it began to come together.
View attachment 1119187
How am I just now seeing this thread, so much good info in here, all stuff I just ran into myself when I did mine haha....

Yep.....

how are you liking the 6112s?

fun to see more and more trucks running the Tundra front.

Got a chance to run some windy high speed roads yesterday and man... dare I say she feels "spry"? I think the added width over compensates for the added lift. Almost no body roll through turns at high speed. No drama. Have not gotten into the dirt yet though. I think the 6112s will end up being really nice shocks for the 200, and after all that work I'm liking the idea of a mono-tube and won't need to rebuild them soon haha...

In the rear, the Fox w/ the OME springs seem like a nice match. The back is still a bit harsher than I'd like, but it doesn't jump over bumps in turns like the stock version does. Hard to explain... but I always though the stock rear suspension was a bit jumpy and didn't eat the road bumps well enough. I think a better setup would be to put a remote resi shock in the rear to pair w/ the 6112s (too bad they don't make a direct fit for the 5160s which I understand pair very well w/ the 6112s). I almost went w/ 6112s in the front and remote resi Kings in the rear, but time and resources pushed me to a simpler setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom