Trouble finding Pocket Flares for my 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

just giving my personal review on them. take it for what it is. they dont really line up well on the rear doors and you can see that in the pics you posted of them on that white 80. the door piece and the fender piece are out on my driver's also and when i remounted them to get them to line up well with each other it twisted them and casued the door piece to stick out from the side of the truck farther. so its either up and down is out of side to side is out. i couldnt get them to lay flat and line up just right.

I understand your personal review. I accept that it may not fit perfect. I just wished you had contacted us to help resolve the issue rather than just leave a really bad comment as if it's a horrible product. I always always make sure my customers are satisfied.

I understand your personal review. I accept that it may not fit perfect. I just wished you had contacted us to help resolve the issue rather than just leave a really bad comment as if it's a horrible product. I always always make sure my customers are satisfied.

I own a technology company so I understand your feelings on this but you are on the MUD forum. If you post up a product on here you are going to get the cold, hard truth about it, good or bad, and it won't be in a PM. Just saying........

Well and hate to bring it up, but if those are the fender flares from the photo he is using (blue 80) @jamisobe were the one that had them made, that is his truck and he was selling them on the forum, so not quite sure where soflobumpers fits in.

Last edited:
Well and hate to bring it up, but if those are the fender flares from the photo he is using (blue 80) @jamisobe was the one that had them made, that is his truck and he was selling them on the forum, so not quite sure where soflobumpers fits in.

I purchase those flares directly from a manufacturer in China.

I own a technology company so I understand your feelings on this but you are on the MUD forum. If you post up a product on here you are going to get the cold, hard truth about it, good or bad, and it won't be in a PM. Just saying........
I understand.

7toZulu
Check him out
He's on the forum
He's one of my customer. His white 80 is the one I posted pics of.
He started a thread called 92 fj80 fender flares.
I did not have any of my customers pics to use at that moment so I used the blue 80 to show the exact product that I am selling

It is not generic, because it is a guy on here's 80, he was the one that worked with the manufacture in China to get them made. It is a small community, it is the last time I bring it up.

7toZulu
Check him on
He's on the forum
He's one of my customer. His white 80 is the one I posted.
He started a thread called 92 fj80 fender flares
The pic with the blue land cruiser is like a generic image. Every one that sells them ( China , HK , Austrilla) uses them. I did not have any of my customers pics to use at that moment.

I used the image of the blue 80 at first since I did not have any customers pic. And believe it or not many people worldwide used that pic

I'd work with the chinese manufacturer and get that fit issue corrected. Everybody on Mud reads previous posts and you'll have a more difficult time selling them with the photos above.

There is some chance it is just a really poor installation of the product. Make sure you get MANY photos from your customer showing precisely how these fit when installed correctly.

Thanks for your advice.
I'm definitely working on getting lots of detailed pics.
The guy that did the install above- I think it was a DIY.
Check out the thread
" 92 fj80 fender flares "

Slow95z,

Can you post some pics of your 80 with these flares? Do they look as good as the white one posted here? I'll be looking forward to your pics to compare. Thanks!

~Rookie

If anybody wants a set of flares, Ill sell the OEM set off my '94.
They will fit, and we all know what they look like !!
(Pretty sure they were made in Japan !!)

Slow95z,

Can you post some pics of your 80 with these flares? Do they look as good as the white one posted here? I'll be looking forward to your pics to compare. Thanks!

~Rookie
20160725_190950.jpg

Update!! KUT SNAKE has a dealer in the states!! Checkout the KUT SNAKE website and hit the international tab. There's only one guy selling these Monster Flares in the US. Ask for Curt. I've been talking to him and he's a great guy with his own 80 that he's building.

Kut Snake US

Finally, the best flares available are now State side! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom