For Sale 1990 LHD HZJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SALE PENDING

Toyota: Land Cruiser Base Sport Utility 4-Door

I have a 1990 HZJ73 for sale ,this Cruiser is far from a stock one as you can see .It has been repainted many years ago and there are of course some scratches ,dents and dings in it as it has always been used as a cruiser not a luxury vehicle.

It has many aftermarket options like front and rear bumper,Old Man Emu lift kit and I ordered a new 8500# winch that will be installed as soon as it gets here.

Tie Rods are new 555 and the 275/85 Bridgestones are like new.All fluids have been replaced together with new filters.

I installed a new clutch and both main seals.

19K MUD Price will take it home , I think is a fair price for a lhd 1HZ powered Cruiser with several thousands on aftermarket parts,no ac or lockers on this one.

Joe

DSCN0795.JPG
DSCN0813.JPG
DSCN0798.JPG

Last edited:
Can I talk you into putting a 1HZ into my FJ73 Joe? ;)

Well I have an extra 1HZ/H55 in the shop,you will have to have some patience as I am booked up for the next 3 months though.

I am booked up for the next 3 months though.

I like your optimism!

Had the pleasure of driving this truck to lunch, yesterday, Joe treating at the whitest Mexican restaurant in all of Tejas.

The 1HZ is very responsive, very smooth and quieter than expected. The H55F smooth, effortless clutching, and solid feel accelerating.

Compared to what I've extensive seat time with (that wasn't born HZ'd, has bigger shoes, new clutch, freshly rebuilt H55F) a much more pleasant throttling experience and keeping true to the reported 'they just go' HZ nature, as it never even sounded stressed regardless skinny pedal positioning or speed at which the foot placed it.

To qualify, I don't have much time driving true HZJ73s, this being the first.....as it's the first I've even seen that the steering wheel sits on the correct side, and the most important attribute that differentiates from others.

It'd unkind and often unsafe to ask new tricks of an old dog. :)

The very few bumper 'stylings' available the 7X market are all acquired tastes, and personally this one doesn't excite mine, but it does suck up tighter to the front than any I've seen, putting the new winch (not depicted, but think included) in ideal location....out of the way.

Top was off, rode good, drivetrain felt good.....it won't take but a trip by Joe's for a test drive to liberate oneself from some money and if there's something you wanted and don't see, odds are very good it's in inventory somewhere in the shop. I have yet to leave empty handed, I know.... I cannot bring another to Hotel Cruiserfornia, but damn tempting to go all out, full retard on this one, be wheeling in a few months, instead of years.

Sharp 73!!

Can I talk you into putting a 1HZ into my FJ73 Joe? ;)

Don't be a fool!!

I've the ultimate, newly built 1FZ-FE for you, with 7X specific H151F/HF1A!!

While it may seem I'm squirreling in on a potential sale for Joe, do not despair, as proceeds will most likely go to the same.

Yes they are the stock FZJ80 wheels

I like your optimism!

Had the pleasure of driving this truck to lunch, yesterday, Joe treating at the whitest Mexican restaurant in all of Tejas.

The 1HZ is very responsive, very smooth and quieter than expected. The H55F smooth, effortless clutching, and solid feel accelerating.

Compared to what I've extensive seat time with (that wasn't born HZ'd, has bigger shoes, new clutch, freshly rebuilt H55F) a much more pleasant throttling experience and keeping true to the reported 'they just go' HZ nature, as it never even sounded stressed regardless skinny pedal positioning or speed at which the foot placed it.

To qualify, I don't have much time driving true HZJ73s, this being the first.....as it's the first I've even seen that the steering wheel sits on the correct side, and the most important attribute that differentiates from others.

It'd unkind and often unsafe to ask new tricks of an old dog. :)

The very few bumper 'stylings' available the 7X market are all acquired tastes, and personally this one doesn't excite mine, but it does suck up tighter to the front than any I've seen, putting the new winch (not depicted, but think included) in ideal location....out of the way.

Top was off, rode good, drivetrain felt good.....it won't take but a trip by Joe's for a test drive to liberate oneself from some money and if there's something you wanted and don't see, odds are very good it's in inventory somewhere in the shop. I have yet to leave empty handed, I know.... I cannot bring another to Hotel Cruiserfornia, but damn tempting to go all out, full retard on this one, be wheeling in a few months, instead of years.

Sharp 73!!

Don't be a fool!!

While it may seem I'm squirreling in on a potential sale for Joe, do not despair, as proceeds will most likely go to the same.

What?!?

English please.

Don't be a fool!!

Very tempting, esp if the 1FZ does not require motor mount modifications.

I like that aftermarket bumper. Would luv to own this..

I was referring to the truck!

Here is your chance then because whoever buys the HZJ will get first right of refusal on the bumper ;)

Calling dibs of the chrome bumper.....

The aftermarket bumper is already gone so this chrome bumper needs to stay on it.

Last 24 Hours on Ebay,place your bids ladies and gents .

What's it take to add A/C to this truck? Joe do you have the needed parts?

How is the MPG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom