Hello From Baton Rouge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone... if you see me driving around town in a white 2016 LC please say hello. I used to be a member of a TLCA chapter out in NM. At that time I drove a FJ Cruiser. This is my first LC and I'm hoping it doesn't stay stock for much longer. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a mechanic so I am looking for someone familiar with the LC to do a lift for me. Anyone have some suggestions on a trusted mechanic? I see the Searchers stickers around town on Jeeps and the occasional 4-Runner, but wasn't sure if that was the best option or not.

Hey everyone... if you see me driving around town in a white 2016 LC please say hello. I used to be a member of a TLCA chapter out in NM. At that time I drove a FJ Cruiser. This is my first LC and I'm hoping it doesn't stay stock for much longer. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a mechanic so I am looking for someone familiar with the LC to do a lift for me. Anyone have some suggestions on a trusted mechanic? I see the Searchers stickers around town on Jeeps and the occasional 4-Runner, but wasn't sure if that was the best option or not.

Hey man! I live in Baton Rouge too. Searchers is a good shop, but they mostly work on jeeps. If you order the suspension I'm sure we could get a wrenching session together to help get it installed. Post up on our Louisiana Land Krewesers Facebook page. The club member don't get on Ih8mud much anymore.

I wouldn't hesitate to bring a truck to Paul Kegley in Lafayette - he is an excellent resource for cruisers - his MUD name is "lostinafog"

there isn't anybody like him in Baton Rouge - I have heard very mixed opinions about Searchers

I'm also in Baton Rouge. I'm im a faded green 80 series lifted with a slee shortbus and kind of loud exhaust. My uncle went to searchers and got a lift installed into his jeep and they did a good job but that's all the experience I've had with them. I'd check out DTb in Port Allen they do some good work for good prices.

I am in Baton Rouge, too. I just got my FJ62 a few weeks ago, and just joined LLK. I'm still working through basic maintenance and baselining (currently working through what seems to be the "infamous" 3FE high idle right now). Other than the idle, the truck drives great, and I am using it as a daily driver.

Hope to see y'all around town!

Is anyone going to the meet up at 4Wheel Parts on Saturday?

If anyone gets a wrenching session set up, I'd like to at least come shadow y'all. I like to think that I can turn a wrench myself, but I am brand new to the Cruiser world and have a lot to learn for sure.

Also in Baton Rouge and technicaly not a land cruiser but just picked up a 99 lx470 hoping get built up into a decent rig

welcome :cheers:

wave or honk when you see us

I am in Baton Rouge, too. I just got my FJ62 a few weeks ago, and just joined LLK. I'm still working through basic maintenance and baselining (currently working through what seems to be the "infamous" 3FE high idle right now). Other than the idle, the truck drives great, and I am using it as a daily driver.

Hope to see y'all around town!

Is anyone going to the meet up at 4Wheel Parts on Saturday?

If anyone gets a wrenching session set up, I'd like to at least come shadow y'all. I like to think that I can turn a wrench myself, but I am brand new to the Cruiser world and have a lot to learn for sure.

also welcome :cheers:

wave or honk when you see us

NICE - I have been on Mud for 11 years and just now see this? sad. I now have 3 80s. One's a parts truck. Let me know if anyone needs something. I'll check out the FB page. Thanks!

picked up a 200 a few months ago, added the OEM spacer up front, other than the KDSS system its nothing special
so if you need help with lift install let me know, i love to wrench, even better when i didnt have to buy all the parts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom