CLC 20th Anniversary summer BBQ, July 9th in Black Forest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
Who: CLC members and families
What: Summer BBQ
When: Saturday, July 9th 2016, 5:00pm to after dark
Where: @Grimeless acres in Black Forest (send me PM to get details)
Why: to commemorate the club's 20th Anniversary

General concept: Summer afternoon BBQ at Sam's place in Black Forest. Start at 5pm, end when you want to leave. Club provides the smoked beef, chicken, pork; smoking/cooking courtesy of @twbland

Each member brings a side item (send me a PM to indicate from the list below, or an alternate item)
Baked beans--reserved
Cole slaw--reserved
Potato Salad--reserved
Chips and dips--reserved
veggie tray--reserved
watermelon (sliced/diced)--reserved
cantaloupe (sliced/diced)
Buns/bread--covered between group
Dessert--cookies
Dessert--brownies--reserved
Dessert--cake or pie
s'more ingredients--reserved
Paper plates/napkins/plastic utensils--reserved

Each member brings their own beverage and ice/cups, as necessary.

Each member brings lawn chair or similar (tables provided on site).

Tracy is producing a CLC 20th Anniversary t-shirt. Color is light olive green with white/crème text. Text will be "20th Anniversary" or similar. Shirt will include the classic CLC logo. Sizes XL, L, M, and a couple of Sm. Cost estimate is $20.

We are also coordinating to get a projector to show pictures after nightfall. If you have digits that you want to show (and maybe talk about), send them to Tracy (PM to get my email address).

More to follow. Check this post for edits and updates.

Last update: 9 July 2016

Last edited:
Tracey, do you have the original red cruiser art work? Think I found that too with the font. Pm an email and I'll see if I can get it to you via this phone

Reactions: SAS
Turns out I have a conflict that weekend. I couldn't have made either of the dates we discussed...bummer.:(

I'm still on for the 9th and will be smoke'n da meats! Probably need to get a count or good estimate of attendees by Wednesday. How about brisket, chicken, sausage(hot links)? I can bring buns and bbq sauce as well :clap:

Probably need to get a count or good estimate of attendees by Wednesday.

Brisket, chicken, and hot links sounds great....

As of right now, its Sam, You and I, plus Cody. And Travis if he crashes. LOL

Todd, we have a bunch of buns from Dickie's on hand, if you want to bring something else instead.
Sandy will be joining us.
Tracy, if you're short on signups, let me know and I'll make the beans as well. Hoping to get photos to you this weekend. Will you have video capability? I have a few DVD's from past trips.
Come on folks, it's a great firepit. Definitely worth the drive!

Last edited:
I'll end up having to work that evening. Hope you guys have a good time!

Who: CLC members and families
What: Summer BBQ
When: Saturday, July 9th 2016, 5:00pm to after dark
Where: @Grimeless acres in Black Forest (send me PM to get details)
Why: to commemorate the club's 20th Anniversary

General concept: Summer afternoon BBQ at Sam's place in Black Forest. Start at 5pm, end when you want to leave. Club provides the smoked beef, chicken, pork; smoking/cooking courtesy of @twbland

Each member brings a side item (send me a PM to indicate from the list below, or an alternate item)
Baked beans
Cole slaw
Potato Salad--reserved
Chips and dips
veggie tray
watermelon (sliced/diced)
cantaloupe (sliced/diced)
Buns/bread
Dessert--cookies
Dessert--brownies
Dessert--cake or pie
s'more ingredients--reserved
Paper plates/napkins/plastic utensils

Each member brings their own beverage and ice/cups, as necessary.

Each member brings lawn chair or similar (tables provided on site).

Tracy is producing a CLC 20th Anniversary t-shirt. Color is light olive green with white/crème text. Text will be "20th Anniversary" or similar. Shirt will include the classic CLC logo. Sizes XL, L, M, and a couple of Sm. Cost estimate is $20.

We are also coordinating to get a projector to show pictures after nightfall. If you have digits that you want to show (and maybe talk about), send them to Tracy (PM to get my email address).

More to follow. Check this post for edits and updates.

Last update: 1 July 2016
Tracey, add 2 more to your count. Linda and I will be coming to share in or maybe add to the festivities.

Todd, we have a bunch of buns from Dickie's on hand, if you want to bring something else instead.
Sandy will be joining us.
Tracy, if you're short on signups, let me know and I'll make the beans as well. Hoping to get photos to you this weekend. Will you have video capability? I have a few DVD's from past trips.
Come on folks, it's a great firepit. Definitely worth the drive!
Sam got it... thanks!

Shanna and I will eat some meats. Never know what the kids might do. We will bring some awesome homemade coleslaw.

My wife and Granddaughter are planning to attend with me, Will bring a salad as a side dish and can bring a dessert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom