Just bought 2, I better introduce myself! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi, I have two Bmws now, a 2011 740 and a 2012 x5. I can't keep either of them out of the shop! I got fed up the other day and started shopping for something else. It came down to the RR hse, g550, Lx and LC. After a lot of reading and driving, I called a friend that owns a local Toyota dealership and had him order me a '17 white LC. I called my wife to tell her what I got and she said" I want one too in blue". I have never had matching cars before but we will soon. Both have black leather interior. I didn't order any floor mats with the cars and intend on getting the weathertec. The local Lexus dealer inBellevue WA doesn't give a penny off sticker price. I got both of mine for invoice so I got the Toyota over the Lexus. The dealer thinks they will be here mid October.
My first car as a kid was a 1976 mustard yellow fj40 and sold that a few years later for a dark blue 1981 diesel fj40 that was imported from Canada. Wish I still had one of them!
Thanks everybody for all the forums, they are very helpful in my buying process!

Thats what I'm screamin'. Now you're cookin with gas !!

That's what I was wondering, too.

Congrats on the new rides.
I have twin 11' LCs myself.
I have tried many other SUVs over the years and have not found anything on the market better then the LCs.

I will say the 2016 RR Sport TD6 has recently perked my interest. I have yet to go drive one. It's mainly the oil burner that interest me. I wish Toyota would bring there LC with the Diesel to the states. I imagine it will never likely happen with the all our US emission regulations, and the LCs relatively low sales volume. So the RR Sport TD6 might the only game in town for a luxury Diesel SUV.

Congrats on the new rides.
I have twin 11' LCs myself.
I have tried many other SUVs over the years and have not found anything on the market better then the LCs.

I will say the 2016 RR Sport TD6 has recently perked my interest. I have yet to go drive one. It's mainly the oil burner that interest me. I wish Toyota would bring there LC with the Diesel to the states. I imagine it will never likely happen with the all our US emission regulations, and the LCs relatively low sales volume. So the RR Sport TD6 might the only game in town for a luxury Diesel SUV.

That diesel RR will come in handy driving you to and from the repair shop...when able. ;)

I know 4 people who have sworn off of RR after spending their lives in the repair shop. Not so much the engine...just everything else.

thanks for the comments!
I must admit that I smile every time i get in my 7 series but the consistent problems has finally taken its toll. The BMW dealer kills it with customer service so that has made it better. The RR sport is very nice but I don't want to risk the reliability and depreciation again.

Congrats on both! I tried to get my wife a 200 and she said that is stupid to have 2... Lol so we settled on a 150 errr GX460. Close enough.

@Bigwood wrote: I called a friend that owns a local Toyota dealership and had him order me a '17 white LC.

Nice to have friends like that! And of course you just made him happier, too.

I like the look of the LC better than the LX, and it should "age" better.

I am in the market for a second land cruiser now. Best car I have ever driven. To me much better than LX.

If people knew how good these cars are they wouldnt depreciate that much. I understand why Toyota limits production on these vehicles. If more people bought them they wouldnt come back to dealership for 10+ years.

haha
i sell real estate.
we are always hiring but the reality is that this job isn't for everyone. I am lucky that my wife has a good salary job for the times the market is slow.
What do you do for a living?

And are you hiring? :)

haha
i sell real estate.
we are always hiring but the reality is that this job isn't for everyone. I am lucky that my wife has a good salary job for the times the market is slow.

I couldn't have said it better. I am a timberland broker in Alabama. When its hot its hot. When its not its... snot.

I had a 750i as well and tired of the problems as well. Actually had too many cars and trucks to mention. Many had issues etc and wife has been driving her 4 runner limited for ten years and not one problem so that helped me buy the lc as well. Just picked mine up about three weeks ago. 650 carefree miles so far :)

Welcome - I have two Land Cruisers, a 200 series and a 40 year old FJ40 that makes the best topless summer vehicle around. I feel like I am in the Rat Patrol (Old guy TV show)

I had a 750i as well and tired of the problems as well. Actually had too many cars and trucks to mention. Many had issues etc and wife has been driving her 4 runner limited for ten years and not one problem so that helped me buy the lc as well. Just picked mine up about three weeks ago. 650 carefree miles so far :)

Same story for me, I picked up my LC a week ago.

hi, I have two Bmws now, a 2011 740 and a 2012 x5. I can't keep either of them out of the shop! I got fed up the other day and started shopping for something else. It came down to the RR hse, g550, Lx and LC. After a lot of reading and driving, I called a friend that owns a local Toyota dealership and had him order me a '17 white LC. I called my wife to tell her what I got and she said" I want one too in blue". I have never had matching cars before but we will soon. Both have black leather interior. I didn't order any floor mats with the cars and intend on getting the weathertec. The local Lexus dealer inBellevue WA doesn't give a penny off sticker price. I got both of mine for invoice so I got the Toyota over the Lexus. The dealer thinks they will be here mid October.
My first car as a kid was a 1976 mustard yellow fj40 and sold that a few years later for a dark blue 1981 diesel fj40 that was imported from Canada. Wish I still had one of them!
Thanks everybody for all the forums, they are very helpful in my buying process!

Since you bought 2 brand new, 80k vehicles from your friend, at invoice (decent but not unbeatable discount) I would say he can at least throw in the floor mats for you, if you ask.
Truecar, the leading discount buying service, is always below invoice except on limited production cars, depending on car anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand. Now the LC will be close to invoice, but again, 2 brand new cars at the same time... get something!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom