raffle prize shopping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While shopping around for solar panels, I've come across a few threads in foreign (read:usa) sites where people say you can get panels for 50 cents per watt. I have yet to see anything close to that, and I do not have solar panels yet because of this faint hope.

Shell Rotella is 25% off also

While shopping around for solar panels, I've come across a few threads in foreign (read:usa) sites where people say you can get panels for 50 cents per watt. I have yet to see anything close to that, and I do not have solar panels yet because of this faint hope.

If I can find panels for 5o cents a watt I'd be covering my roof with them. I think $1.00 per watt is the magic number where it can effectively compete with BC Hydro. Still it is a big start-up investment.

A friend who is an electrical engineer at BC Hydro said he found some 100W panels at $100. He was going to buy one and actually test it out. It is like the mpg thing, rarely does the product claims actually meet the actual performance - even in ideal conditions. I haven't heard back from him, so i guess they were way off the mark.

Be a good CC days and 4WDABC prize(s). Although the Coleman unit would be better on sale. They totally changed these units, look nothing like my old Coleman hot water on demand.

20160614_202845_HDR.jpg
20160614_202908_HDR.jpg

Interesting; maybe the Zodi does not measure up.
Why not just warm up a pot of water on the stove, then pour it into a solar shower?
Less baggage to haul around.

Sure you can do that, but both those units pictured above have a battery powered pump, so you can shower as long as you want depending on the size of your water source, with some fairly decent water pressure as well.
The Coleman unit, at least the old one that I have, makes extremely hot water. When set to max temp you cannot shower under it.

Next time we are out for a multi day trip you can try my Coleman out.

Sure you can do that, but both those units pictured above have a battery powered pump, so you can shower as long as you want depending on the size of your water source, with some fairly decent water pressure as well.
The Coleman unit, at least the old one that I have, makes extremely hot water. When set to max temp you cannot shower under it.

Next time we are out for a multi day trip you can try my Coleman out.
Sure, I'd like to see how it works, although the price is high. I bought an old
Coleman model years ago on sale but took it back before using it.
I also won a big metal hot water outfit at the raffle but it would be too much buggering
around trying to hook it up. I had planned to attach it to my rear ambulance
door but by the time all the crap like a pump, fittings, & shower head, etc were to be acquired,
I just lost interest. It seemed like more fiddling than it was worth. I think McTague also won one
too and never bothered with it. At Churn Creek, I just splashed in the river to clean up.

It's handy , but large, the Coleman that is. The Zodi is a much smaller unit and packs up small. Nice thing about either of them is the portability, the Coleman more so. You can have it set up at camp for hot water for tea and dishes, and then just pick it up and pack it down to the lake/river for a nice hot shower with an endless water supply. You can get quite a few hours out of the battery and a 1lb propane bottle (or hook up a larger one). Looks like the new unit has a lithium battery so even better.

Gents, I am contributing brand new Staun deflators to the raffle prizes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom