So...let's play what's it worth? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

M0untaineer

Montani Semper Liberi
Threads
Well fellas- looking to get back into the fold, albeit on a greatly reduced budget...something that I can build on with a solid base...main criteria would be solid engine, no rust and sub $4K...

Looked at this one posted on Craigslist in Cabot today...rough around the edges would be an understatement, but it does show some promise...guy is/was asking $4K...seems pricey to me for a truck with no lockers, but hey, who am I to judge...

Seems like the consensus for a truck with this many miles would be closer to $2.5K, but he does have some work in the truck and some OEM parts to throw in there...

94 FZJ80 Land Cruiser

engine seems solid, (has some lifter noise though) and seems relatively rust-free (big one on my list), but no lockers and interior is pretty much a gut and start over IMO...

What says the club?

My .02, save a little more and get a '98-99 100 series.

You're right, that is a $2500 truck. By the time you get it up to par you will have WAY more in it than it's worth. 80's are bringing stupid money these days, 100's are getting about right.

I love the wife's '05. Totally different world compared to my 80.

Sage advice as usual Mark. Thanks for the .02 (more like worth a million bucks brother!)...Thanks Sir!

There must be a reason this one hasn't sold yet: 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Seems like it's been on CL for 2 months now. Might be worth taking a look at.

I've sooo considered that one.
Check it out Eli!

Yeah guys- was looking at that- I really am looking for something cheap that isn't pretty but is solid...the 80 actually had pretty decent bones but the lifter noise and lack of lockers at that price point has made it a little unappetizing

There must be a reason this one hasn't sold yet: 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Seems like it's been on CL for 2 months now. Might be worth taking a look at.

This is the one I posted a while back. I've seen it in person. Body is straight other than a couple rubs on both bumpers. Interior has some wear. Front seats have covers so I imagine they aren't pretty underneath. No idea on maintenance but I believe it's a 1 owner. No factory lockers

There is a nice 86 to 88 Mini truck by Diamondhead (hot springs) for $4k....it has an 8274 on front bumper. 4cyl manual, xtra cab. i bet be had for less

There is a nice 86 to 88 Mini truck by Diamondhead (hot springs) for $4k....it has an 8274 on front bumper. 4cyl manual, xtra cab. i bet be had for less

Thanks brother- not sure I'd fit in an 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom