Hello All! New to Michigan, drove my modified 100 series up from AZ for a job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So where are the good wheeling spots? I will be working out of Auburn Hills!

Nothing like there is in AZ. Maybe Drummond Island in the UP might be close. There's dunes on the west coast. trails in harrison, about halfway up the lower. The Badlands in Attica IN is good, but a bit of a road trip. If you moved to MI looking for wheeling you moved to the wrong state. I'm doing Rocks and valleys in Harrison on the 20th, but I suspect it will be pretty lame. Otherwise I'm headed to MO and SD and maybe UT for wheeling this summer

Nothing like there is in AZ. Maybe Drummond Island in the UP might be close. There's dunes on the west coast. trails in harrison, about halfway up the lower. The Badlands in Attica IN is good, but a bit of a road trip. If you moved to MI looking for wheeling you moved to the wrong state. I'm doing Rocks and valleys in Harrison on the 20th, but I suspect it will be pretty lame. Otherwise I'm headed to MO and SD and maybe UT for wheeling this summer

Ha, I am an automotive application engineer, so thats why i moved. I miss AZ already!

I hear ya former sundevil here. Northern Michigan is beautiful, but haven't heard of much off-roading being done, except for silver lake sand dunes

I noticed that you have a caged Ford Focus in your past. We do have a nice little road race track in Waterford, just a few miles from Auburn Hills.

Rocks and Valleys might be enough for a 100 series, but its not a real challenge. We did all the black trails in about 3 hours.
and it was busy as hell. two events that were not on their website had the park packed. its only 200 acres so it doesn't take much.
and they only take cash. another thing not on their website.

I noticed that you have a caged Ford Focus in your past. We do have a nice little road race track in Waterford, just a few miles from Auburn Hills.

Interesting, unfortunately my track car is in AZ, but if I find a suitable place to live, i may ship it up here. here is a pic for reference. http://i.imgur.com/5FrT0c3.jpg

I instruct for PCA. Lot of our local racer group are OEM automotive guys working in the Auburn Hills area. Waterford track has a website, good for some local race watching. We also have some good mountain bike trails just not like AZ.

I instruct for PCA. Lot of our local racer group are OEM automotive guys working in the Auburn Hills area. Waterford track has a website, good for some local race watching. We also have some good mountain bike trails just not like AZ.
Thats awesome! Considering I am an automotive engineer, it never hurts to network either!

Michigan's Upper Peninsula is a pretty good time. Just get your ORV permits (both) and look on Michigan DNR site for trails. Download trails on the View Ranger app too. Mostly sandy but you can baja style run whooped out trails for miles, find sand pits, good water holes, and in the spring soon after the snow is out, it gets really good.
From where you are, you can get to the bottom of Whitefish bay in probably less than 6 hours, then work west/northwest. There are state forest campgrounds all over that are great to stay at ($13 a night, self register). Makes for an awesome weekend. Watch out for black flies in June (stay close to Sperior to avoid em), mosquitos in early july til it dries out
It takes some work here, but the beauty is great.

Also, check out Drummond Island. I have not been there yet (going late summer) but it sounds very good

I haven't been to Bundy with my LC,
(Bundy Hill Off-road
9960 E Chicago Rd.
Jerome, MI 49249)

But it was a lot of fun riding shotgun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom