classicparts4u (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
I traded emails with the vendor. He sells a lot of sheet metal and indicated that he got these on a truckload sale. To my eye, they look like the same product from CCOT. But...I have doubts that they are CCOT products...seems unlikely that a smallish shop like that would bother sending scratch adn dent panels out to a wholesaler like that.

Anyway...haven't seen the panels up close...but the price is nice.

they look like someone went to work with a bead roller and brake. Nothing you couldnt do if you had a bead roller. Nothing special, and I am sure you get what you pay for.

I dont think they are near the CCOT pieces in terms of accuracy, but if you want a cheap replacement go for it.

A blanket statement with near no meaning. "I dont think they're near ccot in accuracy". HA. It is to laugh. You want to learn about fab work, try to fit a ccot panel (or anybody else's.). Until you hold it in your hands, your opinion is worthless. Sorry to throw you under the bus, but a blanket statement without seeing/installing/using the product just has no merit. It takes many hours of fab to fit a Cool Cruisers panel. I'm not saying they're any better or worse than anyone else, just that the panel industry in general puts itself out there as a "plug and play" kinda deal, and nothing could be further from the truth.

A blanket statement with near no meaning. "I dont think they're near ccot in accuracy". HA. It is to laugh. You want to learn about fab work, try to fit a ccot panel (or anybody else's.). Until you hold it in your hands, your opinion is worthless. Sorry to throw you under the bus, but a blanket statement without seeing/installing/using the product just has no merit. It takes many hours of fab to fit a Cool Cruisers panel. I'm not saying they're any better or worse than anyone else, just that the panel industry in general puts itself out there as a "plug and play" kinda deal, and nothing could be further from the truth.

I have to agree with Tex 100% with regard to the "accuracy" of aftermarket body panels; they ALWAYS require considerable fit up/adjustment in order to fit properly. Some times you have to practically rebuild the panel/part to get them to fit properly, aftermarket door skins, CCOT fenders(these especially need tons of work to get them to fit properly), door patch panels, or what ever part.

It's because they are all reverse engineered from the original parts.

I've purchased front frenders from Certa Fit, and it was alot of work to get them close to fitting properly. Of course it was alot easier to get them to fit than build my own. :)

This is the only thread I have found on MUD discussing these guys.

Anyone with any experience? Their replacement bed sections are tempting that those prices; especially compared to CCOT.

I will chime in, after purchasing a rear sill for my 1978 a month ago.

I was extremely impressed with the fit and build quality of the sill. I had absolutely nothing negative to say about it. I contacted the seller several times with a few different questions, in which case he was quick to respond. The cuts were clean, the welds were professional; it was really a work of art.

I would not think twice about ordering any replacement panels from them, especially considering how much cheaper they are than CCOT (which I also love).

For what it's worth, remember, that no matter who's panels you purchase, they will require minor fitting (that includes panels I purchased from CCOT and classicparts4u)

Here's a few pics of the classicparts4u rear sill and new CCOT rear quarters.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I traded emails with the vendor. He sells a lot of sheet metal and indicated that he got these on a truckload sale. To my eye, they look like the same product from CCOT. But...I have doubts that they are CCOT products...seems unlikely that a smallish shop like that would bother sending scratch adn dent panels out to a wholesaler like that.

Anyway...haven't seen the panels up close...but the price is nice.

The FJ40 panels from classicparts4u are 16-19 gauge depending on the part/panel. I spoke to the company today ClassicParts4u on ebay but the actual company is C2C Fabrication in Redford, MI Auto Body Panels & Rust Repair Panels -Classic 2 Current Fabrication. I spoke to Nick, he said that the FJ40 parts were fabricated by C2C and not a truckload purchase. They offer an impressive amount of panels for classic cars/trucks and they have been in business for 10 plus years. Let's send them additional patterns/parts for fabrication. Fenders, door skins, door patches, rear sill channel, body tub cross panels, wheel wells, etc...

We are the only source for most of what is listed on our site, and we guarantee the satisfaction of the fitting with minimum professional alterations. If you need any parts that we do not currently list, feel free to contact us and we’ll see about making the part that you need. Please note that we would need the original body part or a template of it.
(313) 534-AUTO (2886) / sales@c2cfabrication.com

Last edited:
doesn't matter how cheap they are, 19 gauge repair panels are not worth using.

I felt that way at first but after doing some research the 16-20 is standard for body panels.

Last edited:
I think I may order the rear floor they advertise, I need the rear section of the bed and for half the cost of the "other" brands I'm going to take a chance and see how it looks when it gets here. I would hate to waste $225 but heck I've blown that much in beer working on projects.

... I would hate to waste $225 but heck I've blown that much in beer working on projects.

"blown that much in beer" ??? Beer is an investment in joy and happiness.

As I think Benjamin Franklin once said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

the metal gets stretched thin in areas when it's formed into the bed ribs on the bed section.
19 gauge is too thin for a bed pan so as it is, one that is formed into a proper bed section is going to be little better than the heavy gauge aluminum tin foil.
a strong bout of flatulence is likely to dent the bed, let alone what anything with some substance falling on it might do.
16 gauge is a really good thinness for auto body sheet metal, it's not terrible to work into detailed forms, it has some body to it so the average joe can work on it and not warp it to hell welding it in. of course people dealing with rust would always want to replace rot with heavier stuff. if i could have found 11ga floor panels and quarter panels i would have bought them in a heart beat.

the metal gets stretched thin in areas when it's formed into the bed ribs on the bed section.
19 gauge is too thin for a bed pan so as it is, one that is formed into a proper bed section is going to be little better than the heavy gauge aluminum tin foil.
a strong bout of flatulence is likely to dent the bed, let alone what anything with some substance falling on it might do.
16 gauge is a really good thinness for auto body sheet metal, it's not terrible to work into detailed forms, it has some body to it so the average joe can work on it and not warp it to hell welding it in. of course people dealing with rust would always want to replace rot with heavier stuff. if i could have found 11ga floor panels and quarter panels i would have bought them in a heart beat.

BudBuilt quarter panels are 7 guage, now that is some beef! 40 Series Land Cruiser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom