KDSS relocation bracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rigger

Ramble Tamble
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
I've searched. But I can not find a picture of one of these.

I understand vaguely that you need to relocate that big bent bar on the driver side front of the truck (it's inside the fender well, right?) in order to run big tires. But for the life of me, I can't find a pic.

So, the KDSS relocation bracket; exactly what is it? Who has it? Does it work?

@sleeoffroad - can you please post a pic of this bracket?

Going 35's? Remember 1 inch of tire gives you 1/2" of clearance at the diff. If you are concerned about your bumper clearance, you might get more with a higher lift or a combination of tires/lift

Bigger tires come with other items like gearing, your shift points will be off

Don't get me wrong, going 35's is a good thing to do. I did that on my 80. But you should change your gearing and increase your bump stops among other items unique to the 200 I am not aware of yet

I had no clearance issues related to the diffs at CM. I did drag the bumper quite a bit, but it's armor and that is what we get it for. Bigger tires and/or lift will help increase the clearance

image.jpeg
Ask and ye shall receive

It moves the original sway bar mounting point forward for more clearance....Clarence

image.jpeg
And to @Romer 's point you'll want something like these f/r

I just ordered a set but haven't installed them yet. I also ordered Timbren bump stops.

Cc1TZGAOH4mzfSb_h9YK1I5FPjMlyQAOl7Azhxi3cBQne8NK2k1dqdtQY-p67tRGvCH5rDE9PPbhmnCf9D3PIJjLTPUbfhbgMXEDecsuaP9LaaVYnoCtE441C2J3d9fnScz_k-6bFAXhNkWTqJccV4ATf34orWZpyuKuDANX3olr8yIecpXlH3bGqTervwvGzmpUduKV5GQmuCCKP7SknxM1es6EgBuhhTmSZZ4FgycjXxXFdgh3uIo5HZfYrhubejvhDsyJd7a_DpB1uvBHopYjIzpjSg9epjbi7qJCGqlVIkXzLiwWum5N6tXovwKFDZ1FYc7oFh8697py4_brzbm5wxVRGWfjm_854ijgnH8ZDUm_93QkVD-0mcDmGr9Yr4xBXmiksuZUZqjQePW1DPBy8G9aq84ujsaiaI78Sh4DL1lHkues_GUSNNLpf2EbTEpvzwU2bWKijzCGyg45CejvL30Xp3dW2vw4im3Um0adH182-3YwqxFeGE0KfdbRwHUW_0W-fzekB7rDDt8Kyx2JYCUOb7Qf16sAFk5Z0y4jM_y_asRmLNUQFCNOZkD7J5wHketm8DznVvTaRkz3IXuIXVxfWZz0=w555-h986-no

For a newbie like me:
1. How does the relocation bracket help and how big and wide of tires can fit? 295/70/18, 285/75/18, etc?

2. How does the timbren bump stops help with the lift?

Please let me know. :)

For a newbie like me:
1. How does the relocation bracket help and how big and wide of tires can fit? 295/70/18, 285/75/18, etc?

2. How does the timbren bump stops help with the lift?

Please let me know. :)

Bump stops simply limit the tire's uptravel upon nearly full compression...so that massive tires (35's), don't smash into the fender's upper lining or body panels.

What tire's will fit is a complicated question. Depends on tire model, tread shape characteristics, wheel offset, upper control arms, mud-flaps, wheel well skirt alterations, after market front bumper in front, and on and on. 35’s typically rub somewhere even with these mods. It's usually more a matter of minimizing rub upon full lock, and what is tolerable. I'm also trying to figure out what will fit on the big end...and most with 35’s are still tweaking their setups.

Last edited:
Looks sweet. I was told that it will bend the bar a bit. If it does bend a bit, will that affect performance?

It doesnt bend the swaybar that ive noticed. Now your swaybar end links might bend foward to compensate new placement of the sawy bar. Mine did and they were fine. I replaced mine when i revalved the shocks. I replaced all the fromt end bushings while it was apart...why not, right. Im mean how often does one have the front suspension all taken apart. It was a golden opportunity and @beno has the hook up on all that stuff.

Can someone with the relocation brackets installed snap a picture of theblinkages. Curious how much the angles change....
I found that running the tundra linkage on the passed get side relieved some of the bushing bind due to new angles. :hmm:

What linkages are you wanting to see. Post a pic of that part (s) on your truck and I'll go find it on my truck for you

Great thread, I'm getting ready to do these mods. I'm running 295's and I am concerned about the uptravel in the rear the most. If I blow through an intersection fast enough with a "whoop" in it I can hear the rear rub at speed. Not even a wheeling situation and I'm rubbing. Bump stops and the brackets should make a big difference.

With my 35's we determined (at Slee) that no rear bump stop increase was needed.

(35x12.5x17 Ridge Grapplers on +50 Rock Warrior wheels...)

This is the passenger side linkage. It is a tundra part, that has a slight bend to it, not found in the cruiser version.
20170720_235441.jpg
the bushings on the lower control arms are tweaked quite a bit at full extension. Was wondering if relo bracket would help. After looking at pics of it, seems it would probably make it worse in my application.

This is the passenger side linkage. It is a tundra part, that has a slight bend to it, not found in the cruiser version. View attachment 1501135the bushings on the lower control arms are tweaked quite a bit at full extension. Was wondering if relo bracket would help. After looking at pics of it, seems it would probably make it worse in my application.
Here's a snap w the relo kit installed.

IMG_4415.JPG

So is it just as much work to get 34's on? I told Christo I wanted to put on 35's and he talked me out of it. I think he was just trying to save me from problems and maintenance in the future. Dunno.....I'm still trying to understand what has to bee done and if you are shifting some things to the point that it may be future problems. I just want more than 33's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom