2008 Land Cruiser with spongy brakes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a 2008 land cruiser with 8500 miles on it and it rides like a dream. The only issue I seem to have is that the brakes seem spongy compared to my 2015 Tundra TRD Pro. Am I just being paranoid or is there a huge difference in the braking systems in the two vehicles. The Tundra brakes grab immediately and the Land Cruiser brakes seem to be soft while depressing the pedal and then at the bottom of the depression they actually start braking. I searched for threads with simliar issues and really didn't find anything. What's everyone's thoughts on this am I just being ridiculous?

I had a 2013 Tundra before changing to my 2015 Land Cruiser, so I can identify exactly what you're experiencing. I, too, was shocked the first time I tried to stop the Land Cruiser. It's really disconcerting.

Short answer: it's normal. The Land Cruiser brakes are just different. A lot more pedal travel and a lot less brake feel.

The good news is you'll get used to it!

my
I had a 2013 Tundra before changing to my 2015 Land Cruiser, so I can identify exactly what you're experiencing. I, too, was shocked the first time I tried to stop the Land Cruiser. It's really disconcerting.

Short answer: it's normal. The Land Cruiser brakes are just different. A lot more pedal travel and a lot less brake feel.

The good news is you'll get used to it!
my exact experience with my 2011 Tundra to 2013 LC

Sounds just like mine. BUT...

There is actually hidden stopping power that will become apparent in a real emergency-braking incident...

-If you ever REALLY stomp on them...with quick force/motion...you will discover how the LC goes into emergency brake mode! -Your seat belt with *instantly* tighten against you (and I mean INSTANTLY, and TIGHTLY), and the truck will apply SERIOUS braking force! Try it some time on a straight, safe, dry, empty road or highway with no passenger.s You will discover that the brakes are very powerful...but do not apply quite as much assistance as most of us get used to in daily driving other vehicles. To try it...just REALLY hit the brake hard and fast. BOOM. The LC can stop darn quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom