March Club Run to Petroglyphs and then Bronco Canyon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Day: Saturday March 19th
Meet: North parking lot of Damonte Ranch High School
Time: meet at 08:30
Leave time: 08:45

Description:
Scenic day run through the Virginia City Highlands to the historic Indian petroglyphs. For those of you who want to do some rockcrawling you can finish the trail by going out through lower Bronco canyon.

Difficulty:
1-2. Expect some nevada pin striping. 3-4 thru lower Bronco, should have good clearance/armor, lower gears and at least one locker and 33" tires

Pack lunch or some may wish to hit the Virgina City Jerky Co. For tri tip after the run.

Me too! Weather should be good. Is your :princess: going to be there? Mine bailed since we are doing Bronco. "I don't like the big rock trips":rolleyes::meh:

I want to go, I may be finished with my 40 by then, but I want to test it on lesser trips. But I would be willing to go shotgun with someone who has room.

Wish that i could make it, i really want to scout bronco to see if I could get the 80 through on the 295s. I'll be down in Red Rock Canyon, CA down above Death Valley. Maybe ill make it into the park :cool:

Will be there with my :princess:. May have friends in tow with their Jeep but not sure. Be fun to see and will plan to bring the real camera equipment to this one. Probably won't do Bronco but will head over to VC.

Me too! Weather should be good. Is your :princess: going to be there? Mine bailed since we are doing Bronco. "I don't like the big rock trips":rolleyes::meh:
:princess: doesn't mind the rock crawling she hates the trip in and out over the rocky roads.

My boss will probably tag along with his son in their Jeep. It's a father son project build in progress.

I will not be able to make it. Waiting for two brakes hoses and a part in the locking hub.

How many folks are planning to attend at this point?

Boom goes the dynamite. I'll be there. Also need to pay dues, I think!

Wow guys what a run! I saw the 60 go out on a flatbed, and not one but two guys with broken birfs. What happened to my rig in the end is the coolant hose simply popped off (no broken hose or valve). I simply got lucky. Thanks for the incredible ride and introduction to Sierra offroading- I do think it is in some ways more challenging than Moab...!

We had two breakdowns on the way out... first the 60 broke a tie rod. Hammer and bailing wire to the rescue. Then basically in the same place the Jeep had some sort of transmission issue... couldn't get it into gear. We ended up towing it to Lousetown firestation where they called for tow truck. The 60 made it out to the highway where they called for a tow truck as well.

Will and I finally made it to VC Jerky Co near 3...

Thanks again everyone, Will and Kurt especially and Dan for lending me the radio so I could at least hear what was going on behind us.
Here are a few pics that I got from the phone so far.... Camera batteries are recharging as apparently they were all dead.
Untitled by Greg Fisicaro, on Flickr

And definitely thanks to Mort (@FJ40 Beast) for lending me the TRE kit... Apparently it was meant to be! Owed the wife dinner after all that, so we went out for sushi and drinks once we got BeBe home. Tomorrow will be spent replacing ALL the TREs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom