4x4 Labs High Crossover Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a complete hi-steer/ high crossover 4x4 labs steering setup for my 60 from a fellow local cruiserhead, are there any modifications I have to do to the Pitman Arm? I'm assuming the taper is different on the Chevy 1-ton rod ends than the one on the stock 60 series ends.

I have access to machinery to bore it out to the proper taper if so, or are there any alternatives?

Thanks!
IMG_5448.JPG

You could just get a tapered insert from ruffstuff.com but since you have access to a reaming tool I'd just do that. Only other obvious changes will be bigger Tie Rod and Drag link pipes to fit the 1-ton ends. I went with 1.5" DOM tubing

You could just get a tapered insert from ruffstuff.com but since you have access to a reaming tool I'd just do that. Only other obvious changes will be bigger Tie Rod and Drag link pipes to fit the 1-ton ends. I went with 1.5" DOM tubing

I have the complete set ( right and left steering arms, 4 1-ton chevy tie rod ends, both tie rod and drag link rods DOM)....just need to know if the pitman arm off the steering box needs to be altered from stock

I have the complete set ( right and left steering arms, 4 1-ton chevy tie rod ends, both tie rod and drag link rods DOM)....just need to know if the pitman arm off the steering box needs to be altered from stock

Ah gotcha, well like I said you can either ream it out to fit the 1-ton ends or drill it out and put in one of the tapered inserts. Is your pitman arm off of an fj80? They are a little bit flatter than the 60 series ones.

Ah gotcha, well like I said you can either ream it out to fit the 1-ton ends or drill it out and put in one of the tapered inserts. Is your pitman arm off of an fj80? They are a little bit flatter than the 60 series ones.

No I have an 60 series pitman as far as I know....who sells the tapered inserts? your link may not be correct...did you mean Off-Road Fabrication Parts - RuffStuff Specialties ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom