Seatbelt bolt size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm hoping someone can enlighten me as to the bolt size and thread pitch of the bolts that screw into the welded nuts for the lap belt attacment points in a 1980 non-usa BJ40. I have tried a vast array of both US and metric in a variety of thread pitches and have found nothing that fits well.
Thanks in advance for any input.

I am pretty sure they are fine thread metric. On my 60 series I played with the seat belts, putting in nets into the wall. I was able to source the right nuts.
Even though it's a non-usa cruiser, it will be the same as the usa ones. This thread should be in the 40 section. I can move this thread there, or if you have made one already I will delete this thread.

M11×1,25

They are an international standard size and pitch.
I think it is 7/16 UNF but someone else might confirm this

M11×1,25

For a long time I was under the impression that they were 11x1.25 but I have also heard the 7/16 UNF tossed out there.

7/16 is .4375 in and 11mm is .4330 in.

It's going to be one of them and the other is almost certainly "close enough" to work.

For a long time I was under the impression that they were 11x1.25 but I have also heard the 7/16 UNF tossed out there.

7/16 is .4375 in and 11mm is .4330 in.

It's going to be one of them and the other is almost certainly "close enough" to work.

Just make sure you use high tensile bolts. I believe the reason for the odd size is to prevent the use of un-rated bolts.

Toyota does not even sell seat belt fasteners loose for this very reason. The only way we can get fasteners is by ordering the seat belt.

The 7/16" and metric bolts are really close. Don of FC Fabrications did the math when we needed a bolt to fit the chains on my 45 tailgate as the original holes were stripped. He tapped the bed with 7/16" fine and we used a spare set of Toyota seatbelt bolts which appeared to be the M11 1.25. No binding, galling or other issues whatsoever.

full

FYI: 11-1.25 mm is ~20.32 TPI 0.4331” and 7/16-20 is 20 TPI 0.4375”, 11mm bolts are difficult to source in the US so as others have said if you run a 7/16”-20 tap to chase your threads first they are close enough to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom