200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The rear looks great and the duelers ride extremely wheel\quiet - much more so than I expected. The front grease cap is blocking the plastic fingers from snapping in to the rim - my halfarse measurements put it right at a 1/2 inch needed.
That's with wheel spacers?

That's with wheel spacers?
Without spacers. Just trying to figure out if there was another method or cover that would fit before buying spacers. Turns out a little hammer time on the grease cup gives me enough space. Tried one and trying to assess if the less grease and proximity of the top of the cup to the threaded spindle has any downside.

00D0D_8jbuAK6ZPxB_600x450.jpg

Do all BBS Tundra wheels have to be bored out? Has anyone tried these 18s for a Tundra? Usually not much for aftermarket wheels but these look pretty clean, imo. Less gaudy than even some of the newer factory Tundra wheels.

00D0D_8jbuAK6ZPxB_600x450.jpg

Do all BBS Tundra wheels have to be bored out? Has anyone tried these 18s for a Tundra? Usually not much for aftermarket wheels but these look pretty clean, imo. Less gaudy than even some of the newer factory Tundra wheels.

There is absolutely NO boring required on the BBS wheels. You will need wheel spacers though. I used the 1" spacers from Just Differentials and they worked out wonderfully. @Steelman has been working with Motorsport Tech to finalize a design for their spacers that work on the 100 series, these go down to .75" and increase in .25" increments to pretty much any size you want. Another option for spacers is the ones that Slee sells which are 1.25"

One caution though, it's not possible to mount a BBS in the stock spare location due to the small size of the center cap. You would have to greatly modify the cradle that's on the end of the wire rope of the stock spare tire carrier to get it to fit into the BBS wheel.

For anyone that's been following this thread my 10mm spacers came in last week from Motorsport Tech. I had a few minutes of free time over the weekend to put them on with the Rock Warriors.

As expected the flat TRD caps don't work with these in the front so I will need to go to the cone style caps posted by another member a few pages back.

Tires are 315/70r17 BFG KO2

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looking good. I'm glad to hear they were able to get the hub clearance worked out on their spacer design.

Is that stock suspension on your truck in that pic @ihadmail? I have the same color LX and I am loving that look. Also, I used to live in Columbia SC and seeing an LX or LX was rare, glad this one will be roaming around.

Yes this is 100% stock suspension at stock ride height.

I experience some minor rubbing of the driver side inner fender liner when going over dips in the highway at speed. I am very confident that adjusting my torsion bars to bring the front AHC pressure back in spec will fix this. I haven't made the adjustment a priority because I'll be doing the sensor lift soon and adjusting them then.

what kind of mud guards do run, and do they rub?

For anyone that's been following this thread my 10mm spacers came in last week from Motorsport Tech. I had a few minutes of free time over the weekend to put them on with the Rock Warriors.

As expected the flat TRD caps don't work with these in the front so I will need to go to the cone style caps posted by another member a few pages back.

Tires are 315/70r17 BFG KO2

Finally! Worth the wait for sure. The color is spot on.

So how is the ride?
Does it feel "quicker" off the line ? - both the tires and rims are signif lighter.

More details on the spacer - only a front 10mm sandwich spacer? anything on the rear?

Looking good.

Finally! Worth the wait for sure. The color is spot on.

So how is the ride?
Does it feel "quicker" off the line ? - both the tires and rims are signif lighter.

More details on the spacer - only a front 10mm sandwich spacer? anything on the rear?

Honestly I haven't spent any time in it. My wife drove it to work today and I asked if she could tell a difference and her response was "no, did you change something"...LOL. Females... This tire and wheel combo is much lighter than the steel wheels and heavy Nittos so in theory it should help with the rolling resistance.

Yes, right now only a 10mm sandwich spacer up front. The rears do not need any spacing. With the width of 315s the 10mm spacer is perfect as the tire still sits inside the fender. The 1" spacers push the tires outside the fenders slightly, which is not my preferred look.

No rubbing coming in and out of the driveway...probably will be a little off road.

Are people keeping stock gearing with the larger tires? Im about to put 33s on my truck with rock warriors but, I am upgrading my gears to
4.88s. I know this is all on a different thread, but I guess I'm just surprised at people running larger tires without changing their gearing...

Do you feel like you have enough tread engagement with the 10mm slip on spacer and the RWs?

Yes, plenty of threads on the front as the studs are quite long. I didn't feel so good about the rears as the studs are shorter. I ended up not needing the spacers in rear so it was a non-issue.

Are people keeping stock gearing with the larger tires? Im about to put 33s on my truck with rock warriors but, I am upgrading my gears to
4.88s. I know this is all on a different thread, but I guess I'm just surprised at people running larger tires without changing their gearing...

Been on 35s for the last 6 months with stock gearing. I don't feel the need to spend the money on 4.88s. I live in the Southeast where the highest elevations we see are maybe 4000 feet. I think the need to regear would be different if I had to climb high elevation passes frequently.

I have the 5spd auto and VVTi so that adds to the equation. Basically every truck setup is different so 4.88s might work best for you whereas I don't feel the need to upgrade. :cheers:

If your gonna open the diffs for new gears you may consider lockers at the same time .. But your talking a lot of money to turn 33's.

Really not necessary imho

FWIW - Wife runs 35's on her DD without a re-gear

If your gonna open the diffs for new gears you may consider lockers at the same time .. But your talking a lot of money to turn 33's.

Really not necessary imho

FWIW - Wife runs 35's on her DD without a re-gear

Thats the plan, ARBs front and rear. Nitro gears and Icon 2.5" lift.

question to anyone:
the TRD 17s are 7.5" wide?
the Tundra 18" are 8" wide?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom