Radiator for 1HZ options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this is an old post but checking up to how this turned out for 77 cruiser 77.

I have a 77 and totally regret wasting money on it. Could have bought a new 70 series double cab 4.2 i6 or 4.5 v8 for what I pUT into it. Anyways, I have had to resort to importing an ozzie aluminium rad from pwr. It is designed with larger internal tubes (about twice oem width from 14 to 28mm) and finally solved my overheating. Keep in mind my ambient temps are 40 to 50 degree celcius and highway speeds beyond 100 kmh is unattainable with the a/c on. Usually just 85 would be max on a hot day. She would just start to overheat and push 105 degrees then 110 and I half to slow even more. I have changed everything from rad hoses, thermostats, injector Pump rebuilds, fan clutch and fluid, 2 core oem rad then 3 core then 4 core, top mount intercooler etc you get the picture. Just happy to have cruiser running properly and cooling in this hellish heat

I would be curious to how your truck is tuned in terms of AFR. If your egts are to high they can give you cooling problems. Just a thought

I know this is an old post but checking up to how this turned out for 77 cruiser 77.

I have a 77 and totally regret wasting money on it. Could have bought a new 70 series double cab 4.2 i6 or 4.5 v8 for what I pUT into it. Anyways, I have had to resort to importing an ozzie aluminium rad from pwr. It is designed with larger internal tubes (about twice oem width from 14 to 28mm) and finally solved my overheating. Keep in mind my ambient temps are 40 to 50 degree celcius and highway speeds beyond 100 kmh is unattainable with the a/c on. Usually just 85 would be max on a hot day. She would just start to overheat and push 105 degrees then 110 and I half to slow even more. I have changed everything from rad hoses, thermostats, injector Pump rebuilds, fan clutch and fluid, 2 core oem rad then 3 core then 4 core, top mount intercooler etc you get the picture. Just happy to have cruiser running properly and cooling in this hellish heat

I think there must be something wrong with how the temperature is measured or something causing it to over heat that's not part of the cooling system. I can drive mine all day in 40c heat with the aircon on at 100-120.

Jordan - that's a bummer you have all these problems with overheating. Hopefully you have fixed the problem and you can start feeling the love again some day. Presumably you checked and the water pump wasn't failing. What about blocked passages in the water jacket? Is there a way to test the volume of coolant being circulated through the block? Just a thought anyway. I recall your engine hadn't had perhaps the most charmed life in terms of ongoing maintenance (prior to arrival on Canadian soil). While its hard to believe a foreign body could get into the cooling system, is it possible for something block or reduce flow in the water jacket?

Interesting idea (above) about a faulty temperature gauge - I have no idea how the temperature gauge works but could the sender (or receiver) be bad (to much resistance??) and its not running as hot as you think it is.

Good luck and hope Bots is working out for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom