HJ47 troop carrier (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1430028160.484168.jpg

Nothing wrong with the old CB in the troopy not many people run them anymore as everyone runs UHF scanners so nothing is private. Long live the CB and if you want to confuse the scanners one transmits on CB and the other answers back on UHF but you need two radios in each truck. ;)

Gotta say that I keep the CB there for looks (or at least something to plug the hole in the console). Don't use it. Might replace it if I come across a UHF. Pretty sure @cult45 would gladly take it off my hands.

Sorry, what? You're going shopping for a UHF tomorrow? Champion!

;)

Last week Pete and his forty-seven feet of squeaks defeated the Condamine River meet. All eleven unpleated seats seated eleven mini Pete's, their little feet meeting in the middle where there would normally reside seats [these ones with pleats]. But it wasn't all treats and mini Pete's and dangling feet where there would normally reside seats. There were Jeeps, or Heeps as our mildly-meek yankee geek peeps keep bleating at us like broken-record sheep. Heeps. HEEPS. HEEEEEEEPS! You wouldn't sleep for a week. But despite the forty seven feet of squeaks, the dangling mini Pete feets, the treats, the sweet, sweet crossings of creeks, the diesel that reeks, the leaves that need grease and the top Pete keeps that leaks - this fine young lass just didn't miss a beat. And she even let Pete sit in the driver's seat.

Thanks for posting up that vid for me Cult45, a real treat.
The River track is great fun, and just a short drive from home. I'm keen to go again after some rain. Once again the troopy just charges along. The kids love it in the back, even if does get a bit windy with the windows open...
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1437393433.754235.jpg

Ha ha ha what a pic! Yep, once engine o'clock has struck 12 I'm keen.

Staying up til 2am eh Pete?

That good a result huh?

THE RESULT BADLY SUCKS. THE WALLABIES WILL BE BACK NZ.... even though I'm south aussie now, I originally came from NSW and still have family there.... and oh boy

Went for a day trip out to Mt Mee yesterday, about an hour's drive from home.
On the way I got stuck behind this!
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1447640934.607352.jpg

Well not actually stuck... There were, of course, the obligatory waves between the brotherhood.

The national parks map showed tracks that are 'easy' which they were, 'moderate' which were also easy, and 'difficult' which is the 'A Break'. This ended up being a descent with some pretty steep and rough sections which we took in low range first gear. Not too difficult, but worrying enough to make the wife and kids go quiet and make the driver's knuckles too white to snap a pic!

Pretty nice park for a day out.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1447641536.599825.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1447641561.578594.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1447641610.166193.jpg

Good job Pete. I heard that 2H seizing up from over here.

Sneak it's the weekend when she's NOT lonely. It's my daily driver on Saturdays and Sundays. The rest of the week it is a forlorn figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom